𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗

┏━━━━⋆。゚☁︎。⋆☾ ゚。⋆━━━━┓

SOME FRIENDLY ADVICE

UPON THEIR RETURN FROM HUNTING, THE CULLENS WERE FACED WITH CHILLING NEWS.

A seemingly endless string of murders and disappearances were taking place in Seattle, and theories were being tossed around. Augustine's favourite? There was a vicious serial killer on the loose.

But as she was gathered in the living room amongst Carlisle, Emmett, and Jasper, she knew the murders weren't from a human killer.

"It takes more than one of our kind to cause the damage they're reporting," Jasper claimed, and soon the vampires took note of the approaching presence of Edward and Bella. "Quite a few more. They're undisciplined, conspicuous."

"It's newborns," Edward stated matter-of-factly.

"What, like new vampires?" Bella questioned, looking to the others for answers.

Augustine nodded, leaning back against Emmett's knees that were propped up next to her. "Yup— every vampire is a complete nutcase during the first few months after we turn."

"Some more than others," Emmett snickered, causing the girl next to him to roughly punch his leg.

"That's rude, you oaf."

"Okay, but it's the truth—"

"No one's trained these newborns but, this isn't random," Jasper added, the gears in his mind obviously turning.

Carlisle seemed to catch onto what he was thinking. "Someone's creating an army."

"An army— right," Augustine muttered. As if the ongoing situation with Victoria couldn't get any worse, they were now faced with the repercussions of an all-newborn army.

Fantastic.

Emmett jumped off the couch with a sudden burst of energy. "Now we're definitely going to Seattle!"

"We're the only clan even close to Seattle," Edward argued when Jasper insinuated that they were being created to fight someone.

"Regardless of why they were made, if we don't stop them the Volturi will," Carlisle responded resolutely, but his gaze faltered confusedly. "I'm surprised they've let it go on this long."

"Maybe they're busy?" Augustine offered, a sudden urge to defend her new pen pal. She saw Edward's gaze snap to hers, and she could feel him lurking in her thoughts. "Or maybe not—"

"Or maybe they're behind it," Edward supplied, and suddenly the room was engulfed in a solemn atmosphere. "In Italy, I read Aro's mind; he wants me and Alice to join him alongside Augustine— but he knows we'll never choose him as long as our family's alive."

Augustine's arms instantly wrapped around her middle, anxiously. She knew what Edward was insinuating, and it made her jaw twitch.

"Well, an army full of rampaging newborns is quite literally the best solution for that, so..."

⋆☾ ゚。⋆