18 Why Don't You Divorce Him?

Frade drove me to the beach and we walked side by side on the beach. The beach here is so remote that few people pass by. At this moment, the sun is slowly setting to the west. The orange sunlight is aspersed on the sea surface along with the waves, and it is like a thin gold gauze to sway.

We were silent for a long time. We walked slowly along the beach on the soft sand, like a real couple. Suddenly, Frade put his arm around my waist from behind, and we stopped at the same time.

He looked at me deeply, his green eyes showing a look that was hard to guess. He touched my cheek lightly, his sexy lips parted slightly.

The sea breeze was gently blowing over the beach, and he slowly bowed his head and kissed my lips. The kiss was tender and sincere. I didn't say no. I welcomed him when his tongue opened my teeth.

It's been a long time since I've tasted a kiss. I've even forgotten what it's like to be kissed. He let a little fire appear in my original dead heart, let my original cold body feel the temperature.

I greedily enjoyed his kiss. At least for a short time, I thought I was loved. But I knew he was just treating me like someone else. A woman he can't forget, and his heart is broken for her.

"Promise me you won't do anything dangerous, okay?" He hugged me and whispered in my ear. "I don't want to lose you again!"

He couldn't see my wry smile. He never had me. How could he lose me? All he lost was that woman called Mia! But I have to play along with him. I need his help to complete my revenge plan.

"I promise you. I will never hurt my body again!"

The sea breeze with a grain of sand blowing into my eyes. I felt pain in the eye socket, then a drop of tears down the corner of the eye.

Frade saw it. He wiped my tears gently with his thumb. His eyes softened.

"Don't cry! Tell me, what happened between you and your sister?"

"We had a fight. To be precise, I pulled her into the glass with me!" I said honestly, "Because she humiliated me and then tried to threaten me!"

Gina almost told me who the father was and went through with her damn plan. I just did it before she did it. Although we were both injured, at least, in the eyes of others, she hurt me first. As a victim, I had every right to accuse her of intentionally hurting me. I want her to know what it's like to be in prison.

"I have to say, your methods are terrible!" Frade shook his head helplessly, "I got the message. Your husband transferred your sister to a private hospital for treatment. And my men have seen your husband in and out of that private hospital. Eva, your husband doesn't love you. Why don't you just divorce him? What are you planning?"

"Frade, this is my business!" My tone turned cold. "All you have to do is provide me with the help I need. Don't ask me about anything else! Don't forget. We're just business!"

Frade squinted at me. The air seemed to freeze. After a few seconds of silence, Frade withdrew all gentleness from his eyes, and he returned to his original appearance.

"Since we have a business relationship, how do you intend to repay me for my help?"

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Stay with me until dawn. No matter what I ask, you must satisfy me!" He smirked. "I only need less than half a day from you. That's not too much!"

"No!" I refused. "If other people see us together, they'll think we're having an affair!"

"An affair?" Frade cracked his mouth. "I like that word! Let's have an affair! I'm sure your husband won't mind!"

As he spoke, he took my hand and ran in the direction of the car. I tried to break free, but his hand was wrapped around my wrist like iron.

"I don't have anything to wear!" I tried to find another excuse to slip away. "I need to go home and change first!"

"We can buy ready-made clothes right now!" Frade nearly pulled me away. "If you don't want to screw up tomorrow's meeting, you'd better keep up with me!"

Damn it, I'm in his hands now. So I had to follow him into the car, and Frade drove me all the way to a shopping mall.

He led me into a haute couture shop. The clerk in charge of reception at the door clearly knew him. The saleswoman smiled galantly when she saw him. I saw two of the saleswomen immediately close the glass door and put up a sign to close the shop.

Frade just gave the saleswomen a look, and they immediately gathered around me to pick clothes for me. I ended up wearing a black lace dress with a low cut and silver heels, and I was shocked when I saw myself in the mirror. This dress sets off my figure perfectly. Even Frade couldn't help but stand up from the sofa and admire it.

When Frade paid, I saw that the bill was for $190,000. It was the first time I had ever worn such an expensive dress. Even though my husband was a rich man, I was raised to believe that as a wife I shouldn't waste money. I could only use the small amount of pocket money my husband gave me each month. I couldn't even get a credit card, not to mention luxuries.

This damn good wife's education was all arranged by my father!

Oh, what did I miss? As a good wife, I learned to cook delicious food, know my husband's taste, wait for his return in the dark night, and even face career difficulties with him. And what do I get in the end? Abandoned and sentenced to death!

Ron only took me to a fancy restaurant to celebrate our anniversary every year. Is this really love? Were we really in love before?

No, he was just the refuge I'd hoped to find, an excuse to escape my cruel home.

"Let's go!" Frade took my hand, and the clerk quickly opened the door for us.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"There's a ball tonight and I want you to come with me!" Said Frade. "We have to eat first!"

"Are you crazy?" I whispered as a couple approached from across the street. I immediately turned my head away subconsciously.

"Someone's going to recognize me!" I looked around carefully. "I don't want to get into a fight with Ron right now!"

"Don't worry, dear!" Frade squeezed my hand. "It's a masked ball tonight, I promise no one will recognize you!"

Then he pulled me in the direction of the elevator. I had no choice but to follow him. Damn it! He's playing with fire!

But isn't that exciting? Cheating! I suddenly liked the word a little.

There is a Japanese restaurant on the top floor of the shopping center. I took his hand and walked into the hall, where I waited while Frade and the kimono-clad waiter talked.

I see Jenny walking in with a computer bag in her hand. She looks around as if she's looking for someone.

Damn it, she can't see me!