Authors Note

Hello! I wanted to let you know some things about me and this book. And I want you to know I encourage you to give me constructive criticism, because it really helps. You can skip this next part if you just want to read the book though, because it's just a bunch of me rambling about my journey as a writer and other ideas for books. I won't be offended.

Anyways, I have always loved writing, but I have never really been able to commit to one story. This is the third "idea" that I had for a legitimate book, and it stood out.

The first idea I had was a book titled "Echos". It was about the crew on a Scottish pirate ship that was made up of only women. The story focused on their lookout, Siren. Then a British Navy ship tried to capture them. While the pirates, who were actually good people and not drunk bastards, were trying to escape the Navy ship, they ran into rocks at the bottom of the cave they were trying to hide in. But the problem was that the Navy ship also crashed in the cave and they would have to work together to get out. The problem is that I couldn't find a direction I wanted the story to go, and the story went dry.

Then there was the second idea. It would have been titled "Oct.24", and the idea was given to me in science class. My friend and I were writing the date on our worksheet, and we both write the abbreviation of the month, a period, and the day. She commented on how in the future, people were going to wonder what Oct.24(the day this happened) or Mar.10 means. This got the wheels in my brain turning. This book was about a world where a communist government takes control and makes the names of everyone their birthdays. For example, Mar.13 would be my name, and Apr.22 would be my little brothers. But the people did not like this and gave themselves nicknames and started a revolution. Think the technological level of S.H.E.I.L.D. from marvel meets the clones from star wars, all taking place on a post-apocalyptic world. The main character was Oct.24, a little fluffball who everyone thinks is too innocent to be a resistance fighter, but he knows how to be tough when he needs too. And he didn't think getting rid of the Tsar would solve their problems. The problem with this one is that I lost interest and wasn't motivated to write for a long time because of school and extra curricular activities. Life just hot too busy.

Let me know if any of these stories sound interesting and give me some tips of what I could do to make them better!

Now this book was the one that excited me most, and I think knowing that people might read it would make me want to write more. Me and a group of friends all thought that in 99% of books and movies, the good guys win. So we, being the great children we were, decided to do something about it. We all made characters and I was designated(and I volunteered) to write it. My friend, whose name shall remain a secret, made the most awesome character. I decided to make hers the main character because her backstory and character were so thought out and beautiful. Me and my friend made the twins, two of the smaller villains in the story. Then I took it from there and let my creative mind come up with a story.

So, that said, I present to you,

Crowned By Fire