Chapter 2: Embarrassment

Zelda's POV: I followed the King and Queen to their castle with Link by my side. Apparently, Rauru was one of the last Zonai, along with his sister. "So you don't actually know where the rest of the Zonai are?" I asked. Rauru shook his head. "No, I'm not sure, they just.... vanished, we don't even know the last area they were in." He said. "Interesting" was all I said.

"We are here," Announced Sonia. The castle looked.... interesting.

It wasn't big like my castle. Rather, it had buildings spread across the plateu. "Hello, your majesties," said a man with a strange mask covering his face and a garb that only covered one arm. He was wearing sandals rather than the modern boots we were wearing. "Who are your guests?" He asked, tightening his grip on his spear.

"This is Zelda. A distant relative of ours, " Sonia said, motioning to me. "And he is a new..... guard, " Rauru said. "Understood," he said, moving aside. "Welcome to our humble abode Rauru said as we entered the throne room.

"I wouldn't call it humble." Link mumbled. I elbowed him in the ribs.

"I should get you clothes so no questions are raised." Said Sonia.

"Yes, that would be helpful. Thank you." I replied.

"Follow me then," Sonia said, walking away.

"Ah, yes, Link follow me," Rauru said. Link looked hesitant to leave my side, but he did..

Link's POV: "So, you like the princess, eh?" Rauru asked, startleling me with the question. "I-what? No." I said quickly back to see if Zelda and Sonia were still there, I breathed a sigh of relief. Thank Hylia they weren't.

Rauru chuckled. "It's quite obvious the way you look at her." He said. I felt my cheeks heating. "Relax, someday you will have to ask for her hand in marriage. Or someone else will." He said to me.

"She would decline it from them anyway," I said, trying to reassure myself. "You never know," He said, looking ahead.

"Anyway, I'm probably embarrassing you" He snickered.

"Your clothes would be in there." He said, pointing to a small wooden chest.

It had the same garbs that the guard was wearing, minus the mask. "That's the archaic wear, it would probably look more natural on you if you took out that band." He said once I put it on. I felt for it and yanked it out.

I looked in a nearby mirror and frowned at my right arm. "You look nice that arm of yours, it looks very similar to mine, minus the secret stone." He said. I stayed silent, leaving it awkward between us.

Coming to my rescue, Sonia and Zelda walked in. Zelda wearing the same dress as Queen Sonia. "Your Highness" I said, bowing. "You look beautiful," Zelda smiled. "Thank you, Link, you look quite handsome as well," She said. My cheeks flushed. "Thank you, princess I-"

"We should go to your sister now" Zelda said to Rauru when she noticed my embarrassment.

"Are you sure?" Sonia said smiling, noticing our exchange."Yes!" We both said in sync. Rauru chuckled. "As you wish"

Ok so I know the first few chapters are slow, but I promise the next few will be a tad bit more interesting