08. 𝖺𝗅𝗐𝖺𝗒𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖿𝗈𝗋𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋

chapter eight. Always and forever
𝗪𝗛𝝖𝝩 𝝤𝗡𝗖𝗘 𝗪𝝖𝗦 𝗠𝗜𝗡𝗘

 Always and forever𝗪𝗛𝝖𝝩 𝝤𝗡𝗖𝗘 𝗪𝝖𝗦 𝗠𝗜𝗡𝗘

( the present )

          "I'M GONNA CHECK in on Carlos and the others to see how they're fitting in with Neville. do you wanna come with us?" Ben asked Claire as they walked Side by side, hand in hand.

Earlier when Carlos had come out of the forest with Dude strutting along with him to meet Claire and Ben at the bleachers. He asked to make sure it'd be alright if Dude stayed around with him the rest of the day. After seeing the bond between the man and dog there was no possible way for them to say no.

Which left the couple wondering the halls together to waste some time until the sun went down.

Claire shook her head. "No, that's okay. I think I'm going to head back to my room and see if Audrey's there."

"Are you sure?"

By now they had both come to a stop in the middle of the hall to face one another. The other students of Auradon prep passed by not sparing them a glance.

"Super sure." Claire rose on her toes to peck Ben's plush lips before stepping back, "but I'll see you tonight?"

"Definitely." He watched as his girlfriend slowly walked backwards not looking behind her, trusting herself not to bump into anyone. The prince called after his love, "I love you."

"Always and forever." With that Claire turned away, nearly bumping into someone but swerved out of the way. Once she was a little away she looked but at him to see that he still watched as she left.

The blonde girl blew him a kiss and he caught it.

Neville came up from behind greeting him as he did so. "Ready?"

Ben responded still watching Claire was she turned to corner into the next hall, now giving his full attention to his friend. "Yep."

The two boys journeyed to Mal and Evie's dorm room, assuming that's where their whole group would hang out.

Turns out they were right on assuming so. Once they had knocked on the door, Mal was the one to open it. From where they stood they could also see Carlos, Jay and Evie behind her.

"Hey, Mal." Ben greeted her with a kind smile. "We haven't seen you all a lot today. We were just wondering if you had any questions or anything that you needed."

"Not that I know of." Mal looked back to the others, giving them a chance to speak up if needed.

"Okay. Alright." Ben began to back away from the door, ready to go on his separate ways but Neville stood still in his place by the door, finally speaking up taking Mal's attention. "Well, if you need anything, just feel free to ask me-us anything. I meant us."