Hogsmeade

It was a Wednesday in October and you could feel it in the atmosphere. The sky was grey, energy levels were dropping like flies and everyone was tired. Everyone except for my best friend. Pansy was giggling the whole morning long. 'I just can't wait for you to get your hands on that potion! Today is a day full of surprises. I just feel it.' Pansy said while linking her arm with mine. We were walking to the breakfast buffet. I was yawning a lot but apparently yawns aren't that contagious because Pansy was so full of energy that she was practically dragging me along the stairs. 'Pans, you're about to rip my arm off. Calm down a bit, I love the energy but not right now.' Pansy slowed down a bit as we reached the big wooden doors to the great hall. 

'Sorry! I always forget you're not a morning person.' She gave me an apologetic look with a bit of pout on her face. 

'You're not really sorry.' I said while taking a seat at the slytherin table.

'No, of course I'm not. Hey! Don't look at me like that, you'll like me again once you have some coffee in your system.' That was true tho, ever since this summer and all of my nightmares, caffeine was the only thing to fully get my day started. 

Pansy had now turned to another girl sitting at our table who seemed to be enjoying the attention. Almost all of the students were now inside the great hall getting breakfast. The place was buzzing with students talking about their activities of the day. I didn't really care about the lessons I had planned for the day. All my attention was shifted to this afternoon, I needed to make sure that Flitwick would give me enough time alone in Hogsmeade. The current plan was to talk enough about a subject our charms professor didn't care about to make him want to be alone. Therefore leaving me alone and giving me more time to purchase the goods. I was eating a crepe with brown sugar when I realised that there was something missing. The feeling of disgust and worry that I usually had in my stomach was not present. I looked around the table to find that Mattheo and his new friend Blaize weren't getting breakfast like the rest of us. What is going on with him? The smoking, the red eyes, the marks around his neck and now not getting out of bed for some breakfast. This doesn't seem quite right. I didn't really know if I should visit him or not. 

'Hey Pansy...' 

'hmmmm' my best friend answered while chewing on some toast.

'I think I'm going back to our dormitory just for a while and prepare some more. I'm not that hungry.' I said while getting up from the table. 

'Oh ok! See you soon y/n.' I waved while exiting the great hall.

                                                                                              *****

I needed to understand more about what was going on with Mattheo because I had this very bad feeling bubbling up inside of me. Why did he tell me that he shouldn't have come to Hogwarts? Why is he here in the first place? What is actually going on here? All questions that I hadn't thought about enough before. All questions I should be paying more attention to from now on. 

I had reached the slytherin common room. Blaize was just leaving the boys dormitory. Great, so the pretty boy is leaving Mattheo to rest. Something is definitely wrong. I made eye contact with him and he was looking at me with the same kind of confused look that I'm sure I was giving him. 

'Hello, Malfoy.' He said after contemplating for a few seconds.

'Zabini.' I was not about to waste much time on him because I did actually want to prepare my bag for this afternoon. 

'What is going on with Mattheo?' I asked. Blaize frowned at that. 

'You tell me, word got around you were the one that brought him in yesterday.' Of course it did. 'Look, did you feed him some sort of potion to make him like this?' Blaize sounded concerned.