Chapter 4

Kendall's POV

"I told you to be careful!" Angel said to me.

"I'm only human, Angel! Oh I'm gonna actually die!" I said groaning in pain.

Okay let me recap what just happened.

I was just walking around the apartment barefoot. ONLY because those shoes were tight on my feet. Anyways my pinky toe got hurt. I stubbed it on the coffee table. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna die. No, I'm dying right now. 

Angel interrupted my thoughts. "Calm down, you're not gonna die." 

"Yes, I am and my headline is gonna be 'Kendall Schmidt actually found dead, not by car collision, but by stubbed pinky toe!'" Angel rolled her eyes.

"You're gonna be fine." She assured.

"Alright." I said just so she can stop telling me it's gonna be okay. "Do you have the new disguise yet?" I said changing the subject.

"It's close. I have one question though." 

"Shoot." I said while holding my foot.

"You said you gave Patricia my number as.."

"Rebecca." I finished her sentence.

"Right. Still can't believe you chose that name."

"It just came out."

"Okay, whatever. Anyways, what about your guy disguise? You're gonna be a different person."

" I can tell her that I share that phone with Rebecca?"

"But that's weird. I should buy you another phone. Or you could use your phone and stop this scandal!" 

"Okay they should do their job right! Plus, I could use a tiny little break."

"When will you stop? Your fans miss you. Your family misses you. Kendall, your wife and son misses you."

I look down. 

"They don't deserve this." Angel added.

I sigh,"I'll stop when people don't think I'm dead."

"Fine." 

"I go back to my toe. I should head to-" I got interrupted by a ringing phone.

"Kendall, It's Patricia."

"Really? How do you know it's her?"I asked.

"I put her as a contact. Here answer her!" She hands me her phone.

I'm shaking. Why am I shaking? This is my wife I'm talking about. I'm so nervous.

"KENDALL!"

"What?" I asked her calmly.

"What are you thinking about? She hanged up."

I just now noticed the phone stop ringing. I sigh sadly. And the phone starts ringing again and her contact shows up.

"It's her!" I jump for joy and answer with my high girly voice. "Helloooo."

"Hey there pretty lady." I heard a masculine voice through the phone. And I made sure the caller ID is right. 

"Um hello? Jacob is that you?" I asked.

"Patricia! She remembered my name!" He yelled to Patricia. I rolled my eyes.

I can't believe I'm about to say this. "Well I can never forget a..." I swallowed my spit. "A cute guy like you."

It was silent for a second and I heard a female laugh and she spoke through the phone laughing, "What did you say to him?"

It's her! It's really her! I need to talk! Why am I yelling in my head?! I'm gonna say something.

"I told him he was cute." Yes I actually talked and nothing stupid came out. 

I take that back.

She laughs. "Well it seems that he fainted."

Oh.  My. God. It's a blessing and a curse.

"So how are you?" She asked while calming down.

"I'm good, just tired from packing." 

"I wish you would of stayed longer."

"My brother is gonna be there so it'll be like I am there." 

"I guess, but I really need a girl friend. Not another guy friend. I need someone to talk to."

"You can talk to me. Just call." 

"Yeah..." There was a silence. It felt weird cause we never have silences.

"So how's Darren?"

"He's sleeping right now. " She sighs. "It's really tough putting him to sleep."

"Why?" I asked, knowing the reason why.

"Obviously, I'm not Kendall. He usually sings to him to sleep. It's the sweetest thing..." She sniffles. "Um I gotta go."

I frown."Um okay, I'll talk to you later?"

"Yeah. Talk to you later." She hanged up.

Guilt. Guilt. Guilt. Guilt. Guilt. Guilt. Guilt. Guilt. Guilt. Guilt. Guilt. Guilt. Guilt. Guilt. Guilt.  Guilt. 

That's all that is in my system. Just plain guilt.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry this sucked. I'll try to write more since I'm not as busy if you guys want to read more. But I can't make any promises. :)