Chapter 3

Kendall's POV

"So how do you two know each other?" I asked.

"Jacob is my neighbor. He moved in a couple of weeks ago. He helped me get through this sadness." Patricia said.

I looked at her.

"I'm sorry for bringing this up again. But... how do you feel?"

She looked up at me.

"I feel like he's still alive."

"He probably is."

She smiles.

"I'm glad that someone else thinks that too."

Darren falls asleep in my arms.

I smile back at her and look at Darren.

"He must really like you. He's usually really rude to new people." She said. "It's like he already know you. " she chuckled.

I chuckled back nervously.

"Yeah, um yeah. I think kids just like me."

"Yeah, probably."she smiles. "Do you mind coming over to dinner tonight. I really want to get to know you better."

I hesitated when she asked me.

"Um..I can't."

"Why? Are you busy. If you are I'm sorry for asking."

"No no. It's just that. Um..."

Jacob interrupted.

"You keep saying um a lot."

I forgot he was even there.

"Um.. Well you just met me but I have even living here for a long time. And I was gonna go home to finish packing."I said lying through my teeth.

"Do you want us to help you?" Jacob asked.

"NO! Um. I mean no thank you. My... Brother is helping me. You guys will probably meet him soon."

"Oh shoot, I thought we were gonna be really great friends." Patricia said.

"We are. Just I get home sick a lot." I added.

"Well if you need any help just give us a call." He hands me his number and winks at me. Oh gross!!

Patricia slaps his arm.

"Hey, don't do that." She says.

"Can you blame me she's beautiful." Jacob said.

I could feel the awkwardness. I just looked weirdly at him.

"Too soon?"Jacob looked at me.

I just nodded.

"I'm sorry about Jacob." Patricia said smiling at me.

"It's fine just really weird." Patricia laughs at my comment and gives me a high five. It's been so long since I have made physical contact with her. She makes me so happy.

"You know you're really cool." She said.

"Thank you I owe it all to a special someone." I smiled.

"Aww who's that special someone?"

I hesitated.

"Just someone special."

She smiled at me.

"Well I have got to get going."I said while getting up and handing Darren to her.

"Oh wait." Patricia said. "Just because you are moving doesn't mean we can't talk. What's your number?"

Uh oh. I can't give her my number.

"Um it's... 555-7256." I gave her Angel's number.

And Patricia took a picture of me.

"To remember you by." She said while she took a picture of both of us and with Jacob. And sent them to me. "Where's your phone? Don't you have it?"

"No I didn't bring it. But can Jacob take a picture of us with Darren? If it's no bother. I feel like I'm taking a picture with a celebrity."

She smiles softly."it's no bother."

Jacob takes her phone and takes our picture and sends the picture.

"It was really nice meeting you Rebecca."Patricia and Jacob say in sync.

I chuckled. "Same to you guys. Bye." I waved at them and they waves back.

I looked to where I was walking and finally reached Angel's apartment and went in.

"Seems like you've had a wonderful day."she smiled at me and showed me the pictures.

I smiled. "Sorry I gave your number."

"It's cool. As long as it's your wife who is texting me. I'm cool."

"Oh um yeah. About that. There might be a guy who's gonna get the number. So I want to change to a guy. Because that dude is Patricia's neighbor and was crushing on Rebecca."

She face palms.

"Even as a woman you get attention. You're good." Angel says.

"Why a thank you." I bowed playfully. "But please. Change me back to a guy."

"Ok ok. But you're keeping those blue contacts on. Your green, emerald eyes will just give it away." She warned.

I nodded. "Oh I know. And plus I did tell them Rebecca had a brother coming to LA and meet them so that works out."I said.

"Great now go do whatever Kendall's do. I need to work on your new facial structure."

"Okayyy?" I said a little confused. "I'll be over there." I pointed to the kitchen.

"Okay."she said while her eyes glued to the computer screen.