Chapter 6: Sai's Interview with Virat

Sai dialed the police headquarters in the morning, her anticipation evident in the slight quiver of her voice. After a brief exchange with the constable, she received confirmation of her appointment with Virat.

Constable: "Miss Joshi, your appointment with Virat Sir is confirmed for 4 PM today. He has a slot available in his schedule then."

Sai: "Thank you. I'll be there on time."

With the appointment set, Sai mentally prepared herself for the upcoming interview with Virat.

In the morning, Akash and Sakshi strode into Virat's office, each clutching a handful of pictures. Akash approached Virat, holding out the images.

Akash: "Sir, these are the latest pictures of the prime suspects, created by AI with different beard styles and haircuts. We've also included their current appearances for comparison."

Virat nodded, taking the pictures and examining them closely.

Virat: "Good job, Akash, Sakshi. Your attention to detail will certainly aid our investigation."

As 3:30 PM approached, Sai entered the police headquarters accompanied by Ragini, Ruchira, and Sam. From the glass wall of his cabin, Virat noticed their arrival. Shock washed over him as he recognized Sam, the young man who often picked up and dropped Sai.

Virat's heart clenched as he watched them interact, a pang of jealousy stirring within him. Seeing Sai with Sam stirred up emotions he hadn't anticipated, and he struggled to reconcile the feelings that surged within him.

As Ragini and Ruchira sat outside Virat's cabin, waiting for their turn and watching him through the glass partition, their admiration for him was palpable.

Ruchira couldn't contain her excitement. "Di, have you seen how handsome Virat Sir is?" she exclaimed.

Ragini, equally enthralled, chimed in, "Yes, he is so handsome! Have you seen his eyes? The brown, captivating eyes can keep people spellbound."

Ruchira nodded enthusiastically. "And his height! He must be 6'2"."

Meanwhile, Sai, feeling a twinge of irritation and jealousy, couldn't help but retort, "He has lots of girls crushing over him. Join the queue."

Sam, who observed Ragini's admiration for Virat, couldn't hide the pain and hurt in his eyes. He glanced longingly at Ragini. Though Ragini's eyes are fixed on Virat unaware of Sam's feelings for her.

Virat, noticing the dynamics unfolding, felt a sense of relief wash over him. He realized that Sai and Sam were merely good friends, and Sai's irritation likely stemmed from her hidden feelings for him. Recognizing that Sam has feelings for Ragini and Ragini doesn't have any idea about it, Virat understood the situation more clearly.

At 4 PM, Virat called Sai and her associates into his cabin, granting them permission to enter. As they settled in, Sai initiated the conversation, "Hello, sir. We are coming from APB News channel. I am senior reporter Sai Joshi, and this is junior reporter Ruchira Lokhande, Ragini Lokhande, and our senior cameraman Sameer Deshmukh."

Virat greeted them with a nod, leaning back in his chair. "Hello," he replied. "Which refreshment would you like? Tea, coffee, or cold drinks?"

Ragini and Ruchira both opted for tea, while Samrat requested a coffee. Virat turned to Sai and asked, "You will not take anything, Sai?"

Sai's heart skipped a beat hearing her name in Virat's deep voice, but she quickly composed herself. "It would be better if you call me Miss Joshi; that sounds professional," she replied. "And I don't need anything, sir. Thank you. Can we start?"