Chapter 10: Revelations and Compromises

It was nearly 3 am when Sai finally completed her examination of the documents. The names of Jhony Disuza, Pinto Farnandiz, and Tony Disuza on the passenger lists confirmed her suspicions. Excitement surged within her as she realized her theory was correct, and she had inadvertently won the challenge Virat had set for her. Eager to share her discovery, she glanced at the clock, only to find it frozen at 3 in the morning.

Sai's gaze drifted toward Virat's room balcony, contemplating whether to disturb him at such an hour. After a moment's thought, she decided to set an alarm for 6 am and get some much-needed rest before presenting her findings to Virat.

However, when Sai woke up, it was already past 7:30 am. Panic gripped her as she realized she might have missed Virat's departure. Without wasting a moment, she hastily printed the crucial pages and rushed to Chavan House, paying no heed to her attire—a tank top, shorts, and home slippers.

Upon reaching Chavan House, Sai anxiously asked the housemaid, Kamla Bai, if Virat was home. Kamla Bai confirmed his presence, mentioning that he had returned from the gym and was in his room. Sai wasted no time and hurried to his room, only to find it empty. Just as she was about to leave, the washroom door clicked open, revealing Virat emerging with only a towel wrapped around his waist.

Sai's breath caught in her throat as she beheld Virat's freshly showered, well-built upper body adorned with water droplets. She struggled to form words as Virat teasingly remarked on her speechlessness.

"Do you like what you see?" Virat quipped, a playful smirk dancing on his lips.

Sai's cheeks burned with embarrassment as she stood before Virat, caught in the act of ogling him. She remained speechless, her mind scrambling for an excuse to justify her presence in such revealing attire.

Virat, ever the playful tease, broke the silence with a mischievous grin. "Tell me, how may I help you? Hopefully, you haven't run here in your shorts and tank top to watch me half naked. I don't mind though."

Sai's embarrassment deepened as she realized she was still clad in her nightdress. Mortified, she shifted uncomfortably, her defensiveness kicking in. "I am here for business," she blurted out, pushing the printouts toward Virat with a forced smile of triumph.

"See, my theory was right," she added quickly, hoping to divert attention from her attire to the evidence she had gathered.

To her surprise, Virat's expression softened as he examined the documents. "Nice work. You can show them in your show with proof," he acknowledged, a hint of admiration in his voice. "By the way, they don't have any surname. They are orphans, brought up in an orphanage in Mumbai."

Sai pushed Virat's chest in irritation, unable to contain her frustration at his prior knowledge. But as their bodies made contact, a sensation shot through them both, stirring butterflies in their stomachs. Sai quickly removed her hand from Virat's chest, her eyes widening in shock at this revelation. "You knew about them?" she exclaimed incredulously, pushing him for answers. "Then why did you let me work on this unnecessarily?"

Virat met her gaze evenly, a flicker of understanding passing between them. "I warned you not to undertake this massive task," he reminded her gently. "At the time, I couldn't reveal much more about that information."

Realization dawned on Sai, recognizing the constraints of Virat's position in law enforcement. "I understand. Your confidential information for the police," she conceded, her tone softening.

Sai said, "Okay, fine. I am leaving."

Preparing to take her leave, Sai was halted by Virat's firm grip on her hand. "How about if I compensate you with a bit of information?" he proposed, his touch sending a jolt through her.