Chapter 7 : One step forward

Virat was in a good mood after his interaction with Sai. He had already instructed Riya to collect the data from the Airport Authority by tomorrow morning. He admired Sai's tenacity and determination. "So, Miss Sai Joshi, I love your attitude of never backing down when challenged," he thought to himself with a smirk.

Samrat entered Virat's cabin, holding a stack of files.

"Sir, I've gathered information on Jhony, Pintu, and Tony," he announced.

Virat sat up straight, paying close attention.

Samrat started "Mr. Brigenza had arranged for the trio to work at the Mill, where they began their employment after leaving the orphanage. Settling into a small room in the Ashok Nagar slum area, they initially worked without any issues. However, troubles arose after they received their salaries. They began hosting loud parties with music, alcohol, and prostitutes in their room, much to the dismay of their landlord and fellow tenants. Despite warnings, they continued their disruptive behavior, culminating in an assault on an elderly neighbor who had initially complained about them."

Virat's expression become thoughtful "So they were vengeful from that time"

Samrat continued, "At that time, our local minister, Mr. Puri, was influential in the area. He intervened to save these three from facing a police case for assaulting the old man, at the request of his brother-in-law, Harish."

Virat nodded thoughtfully. "So, Mr. Harish Sukla and Minister Puri are involved once again," he remarked with a hint of intrigue.

Samrat continued, "They were introduced to a drug peddler named Jagga through Harish. Soon after, they became addicted to drugs, resorting to theft from the Mill's accounts to fund their addiction. The accountant at the time, Mr. Ramesh Sharma, reported these irregularities to the authorities, leading to the manager, Ram Singh, transferring them from the office section to the labor department. Despite their threats, nothing could be done at that time."

He paused momentarily before adding, "For a few days, things seemed to settle down. However, a labor supervisor eventually complained about Jhony, Pintu, and Tony keeping suspicious items in the Mill's warehouse and smuggling them along with the goods."

"Samrat, please tell me the labor supervisor was Ajay Patel," Virat inquired eagerly.

Samrat nodded in affirmation. "Yes, sir, that's correct."

Virat's excitement surged as he pieced together the puzzle. "See the pattern, Samrat? These three individuals once lodged complaints against Jhony, Pintu, and Tony, and now they have taken their revenge. I knew it, they are the culprits. My gut feeling was never wrong. We need to interrogate all the victims' families. I am sure we will find a connection between these three and all of them."

Samrat nodded, affirming Virat's assumption. "Yes, Sir, I've found more connections," he confirmed.

"Following the complaint, the supervisor, manager, and two mill security personnel conducted a thorough search and uncovered two sacks filled with various kinds of drugs, money, and other illegal items.

The police were summoned, and Inspector Anand Mishra apprehended them. During their time in police custody, Constable Ashok Iyer played a crucial role in extracting their confession. A young reporter named Kishan Desai covered the entire incident in great detail.

Thanks to the efforts of several social workers and opposition party members, there was significant public awareness about the case, leading to these three individuals being denied legal representation. Mr. Bikash Rana served as the police prosecutor, and they were subsequently sentenced to 13 years in prison."