Pokémon: Dulling Pearl

((I know it's cringe, but you can't take me away from a good Creepypasta! Also it's loosely based off of my Pearl game too—))

I had been waiting for months ever since I saw the announcement on Nintendo Direct; Shining Pearl and Brilliant Diamond. It is just the remake of the original Diamond and Pearl, but I never owned those games, let alone completed them, so this would be my Pokemon Pearl redemption game!

     When my Pearl game arrived, I was ecstatic. I ran downstairs, grabbed the box, and brought it inside. Like a predator tearing into their prey, I tore the box open to pick up my new game. However, my joy faded when I saw the hard to see words, "Dulling Pearl" on it instead of the bright and colorful words that was Shining Pearl. Instead of chucking it or calling someone about it, I just shrugged and grabbed my Switch Lite to start playing my new game.

     It can't be that bad, can it? I think to myself while starting up the game, I felt a chill run up my spine while the screen was loading. It was a sense of Deja Vu, reminding me of my past attempts on the original games which were just me borrowing my friends' games or playing it at the nearest Game Stop. It was never permanent and I didn't make it far, but today, that was going to change. I was going to beat this game this time, even if it takes forever!

     "Welcome to the World of Pokemon" The Professor introduced like in the original game, but the next part felt peculiar to me, "We've all been waiting for you for a long time, Liam."

     That is not my name.

     "What?" I thought out loud, "That can't be right, I just got this game today! How could someone have already hacked it!" I groaned. I already spent $60 on this remake and I'm going to get my money's worth whether it's hacked or not!

     Since it was hacked, I could not customize my character and had to deal with the NPCs calling me Liam the entire game. Though, I will admit, Liam had some cool red-glowing cyber clothes with a pulsing red gem on the coat's chest. I couldn't help but screenshot the guy at some point as the overworld chibi form, he looked cute with his shiny Jirachi (Which was what he started with, I could not choose the starter Pokemon either and strangely this Jirachi only has one wish note on its head) following behind him as we conquered the Sinnoh region together.

     I know I shouldn't be attached to someone's old game file, but I couldn't really help myself. I always found myself getting attached to something in the other Pokemon games. So, why would this be different?

     Well, there's the Pokemon Tower in this game. It's not quite the same as Pokemon Red/Blue's Lavender Town Pokemon Tower, but it was still depressing and quite frightening all the same. More so that Liam moved on his own for once, running over and staring at a grave at the third floor up the tower. It didn't feel like a cutscene at all, like I was watching a friend run towards a fallen ally. When reaching the grave, it then finally changed to a cutscene where I was staring at the grave too.

     It had, "In loving memory of Dustox, the most cunning Pokemon that ever lived. She will be forever missed." written on it. It then pans to another grave with a similar message on it. It keeps panning from grave to grave from Kricketune, Kadabra, Crobat, and Luxray until it finally stopped to the sixth Pokemon, Magnazone (Which isn't considered a registered Pokemon in this game since this is part of the dungeon mode of this remake). It finally turns back to Liam and Jirachi. Jirachi looks at the grieving trainer before looking at me. At first I thought it was just looking at the graves since the camera angle was from the perspective of the graves, but I felt a chill as the angle never changed and instead it zoomed into Jirachi. The closer into its face it got, the more the tears on its face slowly changed from a light blue, to a deep crimson red. Jirachi then made its cry, which was slowed down, making it more ominous.