Caramel - Chapter Twenty Seven

"Mr. Wheeler." Maria danced over to him, sitting in his lap as she approached him. "Hi."

"Hi, Mrs. Wheeler." He brushed the hair from her face, tucking it behind her ear. "I can't wait to take you home and see this ring on you." He grabbed her hand, pressing a kiss to the jewelry.

"What?" She gave a confused chuckle.

"Just the ring." He smirked and for the first time she was caught completely off guard, blushing like a school girl.

"Care to dance?" She took to her feet, reaching her hand as she began to sway her hips.

"In a minute." He nodded. "Think I'll just watch you for now." He grabbed the side of his leg, showing her his situation through his jeans,

"Suit yourself." She winked, walking toward Teeter to dance with her.

After a few minutes, he stood, looking around the not-so busy bar they were having their little celebration party in. It was last minute on a Wednesday so a small bar in Bozeman was gonna have to do. Maria had already had a little too much to drink and Rip couldn't stop thinking about fucking the breaks off of his wife.

He stood at the bar, watching her sway her hips and sing happily. He smiled to himself. How could he ever have second thoughts when he scored such a beautiful woman? He felt a presence next to him, but ignored it. That was until somebody was hanging on his shoulder.

"Well aren't you a tall drink of water?"

His smile fell, he turned his head to glance at the person but didn't give her much importance. "What are you doin'?"

She tilted her head, her arm still hanging on his shoulder. "What?"

He kept a stale face, presenting his hand. "I'm married, darlin'." Maria noticed, her grip from Teeter becoming looser and looser as the time passed.

The woman laughed obnoxiously, Rip now looked at her. "Me too."

He laughed in her face, looking around. "Oh yeah? Where's your husband out there?"

She continued to laugh, her gummy smile becoming irritating. "He's in Sacramento." She pointed at him, her giggling filling the area as if he was the funniest person on the planet. "Where's your wife?"

Rip smiled, lifting his finger. "My wife is standing right over there." He pointed in Maria's direction. "Starting at you."

They both now looked at Maria, who took a swig from the bottle in her hand. The woman shrugged, taking a step in her direction. "I'll handle this."

"Don't do that now." Rip said, knowing this wasn't gonna end well. The woman continued to walk, ignoring his calls. "Hey, no." He began after her. "Floyd!" He called to the man across the bar. "Let's go! Party's over!"

Maria stood with her arms crossed at the woman approached her. Rip saw her face, he knew exactly was about to happen. "Oh shit." He sighed.

"Just letting you know..." The sloppy woman danced in front of Maria like an idiot. "I'm taking your husband home tonight."

"Oh, are you?" Maria snickered. "How much would you bet on that?"

The woman grew confused, and Maria lifted the bottle in her hand, smashing it into pieces against her head. The woman fell to the floor and Maria climbed on top of her, punching her with closed fists until she saw blood. The entire bar became a brawl as Rip began to push and shove men away from her.

Then the woman was able to struggle her way out, pushing Maria to the floor with a thud. But she wasn't fast enough, Maria stood, punching her across the face and as she fell to the floor, she reached for a nearby chair. Maria spat in attempt to get the hair out of her mouth before swinging the chair in the air, breaking it against the woman's head.

The crunch was loud. It seemed as if the whole bar had frozen and time was standing still. The woman's limp body fell against the floor. "Fuck." Rip mumbled. He thought fast, scooping her into his arms and running out of the bar, yelling in a worried state. "We have to get her to the hospital!"

When they got outside and nobody was in sight, he tossed the limp body into the back of the truck as if it was trash. Maria was confused, her face portrayed it. "I thought we were taking her to the hospital?"

"She's dead, Maria." He opened the passenger door. "Get in before anybody sees us."

She got in and he shut the door behind her, then made his way to his side. "How is every body gonna get home if we leave?"

"Stop asking questions please." Rip stated. "I think you've done enough for tonight."

She scoffed. "You think I was just gonna let some bitch come up to me and tell me she was gonna fuck my husband?" She laughed. "Pfffff!"

"Okay Maria." He nodded. "This is your trash, you're going to throw it out."

"What do you mean, Rip?"

"I'm taking her to the train station." He pressed on the gas, leaving the city limits. "Just sit tight, its quite a drive."

She was confused, but had lost the privilege to ask any questions, so she didn't. It was around the five hour mark when she finally opened her mouth. "How much farther?"

"Almost there." Was all he said, looking in the review mirror at the body that slid from side to side.

She laid her head against the window, sighing. "What a way to end our wedding night."

"After we dump this body," He glanced over at her. "You're hopping over here and fucking me."

She lifted her head, furrowing her eyebrows. "How are you horny right now?"

He chuckled, shaking his head. "The two have nothing to do with each other." He pulled up to a cliff, parking the truck. "Let's go."

She pushed the door open, hopping out. She watched as he opened the tailgate, letting it fall. Then he grabbed the woman's ankles, sliding her down before throwing her over his shoulder.

"What is this place?" She looked around, wrapping her arms around her body as a chill ran down her spine.

"Train station." He mumbled, dropping the body right before the cliff drop. "Come here." He motioned her over. He nodded in the direction of the drop, her heart began to pound when she peaked over. There were hundreds of bodies at the bottom, it looked like something out of a horror movie.

He pulled her back to his body, wrapping an arm around her shoulder as he set his boot against the woman's cold body. "Let this die here." He said, giving her a squeeze. "She wasn't from here, so for all anybody cares, she was in the hospital, made a recovery and flew home." Maria nodded, swallowing the lump in her throat. Then Rip applied pressure, rolling her over with his foot until she was over the cliff. They watched her body roll and hit the rocks on the way down. Then her problem was gone.