Chapter VI

"Alice! Come on, hurry! You're late!" Bucky shouts from the bathroom while fixing his hair, then leaves the bathroom and heads quickly to my room "It's ten o'clock and in a quarter of an hour you want to be there... Explain to me how the fuck is it possible to..." He stops talking for no reason and his irritated tone of voice seems to calm down because as soon as he enters the room he sees me standing in front of the wardrobe mirror finishing my makeup, wearing the short black leather dress that Tony gave me and black heels.

"Finished" I say closing the wardrobe door delicately, then I take my bag and put my phone and purse inside before turning towards him and seeing his shocked expression "What is it? Does the dress look bad on me? Is the makeup too much? God I'm even late...why tonight?!"

"Oh no no...far from it" Bucky starts moving closer, then puts his hands on my shoulders and looks at me with his light blue eyes "You look beautiful tonight"

"Thanks Barnes...I needed a bit of energy"

"To meet the mysterious man or to sing?" he asks me laughing, although I think he wouldn't laugh so much if he found out who the man I invited to see me is...

"Think about Liz!" I say putting my red coat on the bed "Ready to go?"

"Oh... Steve and Sam are accompanying you, I have to pick up Liz before coming to the pub" He smiles, blushing a little at the thought of the woman... I swear that if I don't kill him tonight I won't kill him again. I go down to the garage after greeting Bucky coldly and find the two men waiting for me leaning against Steve's car.

"Ready for tonight, Iron Woman?" asks Sam laughing as he gets into the car in the seat next to the driver

"What do you mean Wilson?" I ask as I sit in the back seat of the car "Don't tell me that..."

"Maybe we just took a peek at the letter before giving it to you at dinner" Steve says, fixing his hair, as he gets into the driver's seat and starts the car

"Darling..." Sam begins, faking Tony's voice between laughs. "Come on, really? He'll be twenty years older than you!"

"I imagine that's the dress he bought you" Steve continues sighing, after he looked at me in the rearview mirror. He doesn't like the fact that Tony could hypothetically like me

"Do you really have a sugar daddy? My God, girl!" Sam exclaims without having any air left from laughing too much. I sincerely hope that he chokes while laughing one day

"Tony is not my Sugar Daddy!" I exclaim disgusted by their bottomless insinuations "Then it's none of your business what he calls me or how many years difference do we have"

"Can I say that I'm interested in knowing who your...boyfriend is, if you can still call him that" he tells me as he stops the car to let me get out in front of the pub

"Both of you go fuck yourself!" I say laughing as I slam the car door, then head towards the entrance of the pub with only the light of the bright LED sign and the full moon. As soon as I enter I immediately notice that the place is full of people, various techno songs resonate in the place, as always I go to have a glass of gin lemon before going on stage, now this too is superstition. As soon as I finish the drink I go to get the microphone from the audio engineer and go up onto the small round stage in the center of the large venue full of people. As always, I don't let myself be introduced, but I go up on stage and signal to start the base of the song Diet Mountain Dew by Lana Del Rey, I see this song as very suitable for the situation... it's just a shame that one of the two to whom it is addressed is not present.

🎶You're no good for me,
Baby, you're no good for me🎶

I start singing looking in the crowd for the looks of Steve, Sam, Bucky and...Tony that yes, I still hope he can come, that he shows up unexpectedly, like in the movies.