Prologue

My name is Raila—or at least, that's what Jen and Zack Lode have called me for as long as I can remember. They're my adopted family, my protectors in a world filled with unknown dangers. They told me my birth family was dangerous, that they had to whisk me away for my own safety. But as I grow older, I can't help but question the stories they've fed me.

I'm confined to the walls of our home, kept away from the outside world under the guise of safety. "Precautions," they say. "It's for your own benefit," they tell me. But the more I ask about my past, the more elusive they become, deflecting my questions with rehearsed answers.

As I grew older, the walls of our home felt less like a sanctuary and more like a prison. Homeschooled and isolated, I found solace in the digital world, where the barriers of my confinement seemed less insurmountable. Toktic, the self-proclaimed "World's Best Social App," became my window to the outside world—a world filled with stories, secrets, and tantalizing glimpses of a life I could only imagine.

But amidst the endless stream of posts and pictures, one topic reigned supreme: the Ninja. They were the stuff of legend, the protectors of Ninjago City, each wielding a unique elemental power.

There's the Red Ninja Master of fire, the Black Ninja Master of earth, the White Ninja Master of Ice, the Blue Ninja Master of Lightning, the Grey Ninja Master of water, and the Green Ninja Master of Energy.

Despite their heroic deeds, the Ninja remained shrouded in mystery, their true identities hidden behind masks and code names. Countless theories circulated online, each more outlandish than the last. Some claimed they were government operatives, while others insisted they were ancient warriors reincarnated for modern times.

As for me, I don't mind not knowing who they are though. It's not like I'll ever get to meet them.

Right?

——————————————•—————————————
AN: I hope you all have enjoyed this Chapter! It already feels better than the first book.
Wc: 351
Thank you for reading!
K out!