┊017

──────═❀═──────『 𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑  𝟏𝟕  』──═❀═──━『 Him Again 』

──────═❀═──────
『 𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 𝟏𝟕  』
──═❀═──
━『 Him Again 』

As we sat around the fire, savoring the freshly caught fish, Sakura's voice cut through the crackling flames. "I'm concerned about the Heaven Scrolls," she remarked, her gaze drifting towards our precious scroll.

Sasuke's brow furrowed as he set down his portion of fish. "What are you getting at, Sakura?" he inquired, his tone serious.

Sakura elaborated on her worries, her words laced with apprehension. "Well, considering we're already four days into the second exam, we've used up eighty percent of our allotted time. With seventy-nine participants divided into twenty-six teams, there can only be thirteen successful teams holding each of the Heaven and Earth Scrolls. We're running out of opportunities."

Naruto's chopsticks paused midway to his mouth, a thoughtful expression crossing his face.

"And let's not forget," Sakura continued, her voice tinged with urgency, "Orochimaru destroyed the Heaven Scroll we had during our encounter."

"So, that's what happened to our scroll? Really?" I asked, my disbelief evident in my voice.

"Unfortunately," Sasuke confirmed, his expression grave. "Which means..."

Sakura interjected, her tone somber, "The number of teams with a chance of passing decreased by one at that moment. And with the uncertainty surrounding the safety of the remaining scrolls..."

Our gazes collectively shifted towards the Earth scroll resting on the ground, its significance weighing heavily on our minds.

Sasuke rose abruptly from his seat, his movements tense. "After our separation from the Konoha group, we've allowed two days for recuperation. From now on, we need to be more cautious and strategic in our actions. The next encounter will be our final opportunity."

As Sasuke walked away to fetch water, a sense of unease settled over me. I couldn't shake the feeling that something was amiss. I rose from my spot and followed him to the riverbank.

"What's up with you?" I asked, folding my arms over my chest as I leaned against a nearby tree.

Sasuke didn't meet my gaze, instead squatting next to the river with a distant expression.

"I don't know what you're talking about," he replied tersely.

I let out a sigh of frustration. "You've been different ever since our encounter with Orochimaru and the Otogakure," I pressed.

Sasuke's body tensed at the mention of our adversaries.

"They hurt Sakura, and I lost control," he admitted, his voice barely above a mumble. "You've got the same mark as me, right? So, how did you manage to keep it in check?"