Chapter 3 - a reason to hate

Russia woke up to light falling on his face. He slowly stood up and closed the blinds. He looked at the clock to see that it was 9.57 am. After doing things like washing your face, brushing your teeth etcetera etcetera, he went downstairs.

He was welcomed by the sweet aroma of freshly made coffee. America was definitely a coffee person. God knows how much coffe he drinks in a day. Russia didn't have the habit of drinking coffee everyday, but today, he felt like he would die without a cup.

He walked towards the kitchen to make himself a cup of coffee. And on his way, he almost bumped into America at the door. Surprisingly, America was holding two cups.

"Hey! watch where you are going! You almost made me spill the coffee."

"Izvinite (I'm sorry), w-why do you have two cups?"

"One is for you, dumbass. Don't you think it would've been rather rude if I didn't make some coffee for my roomie?"

"Oh, I see. I didn't expect you to do that. Spasibo (Thank you)."

"Yeah, yeah, you're welcome. Here, take it."

America made his way towards the couch. Russia followed him for no reason, his legs seemed to work on their own. He sat at the other end of the couch. When he didn't take a sip of coffee for a long time, America lifted his head from his phone.

"Something's bothering you, Commie? Don't worry, I didn't put poison in it."

"Nyet, nyet. I am fine. I was just thinking about something. Not too important."

"Drink your coffee before it gets too cold, idiot."

Russia finished the whole cup in one take. After putting the cup down, he gave America a "satisfied now??" look. America rolled his eyes in response. He maintained eye contact with the Russian for whatever reason. Russia decided that now was the time to start a conversation.

"Why are you being so nice all of a sudden?"

America leaned back on the couch and put his phone back in pocket.

"You want me to be mean to you?"

"Nyet, I mean, no- not like that. I just found it weird. The other day you were making fun of my dead father and now you are being nice to me. That is really unusual if you ask me."

"Mm? You do know the fact that we are political enemies right? My Government requires me to make fun of you and stuff at every opportunity that I get. I thought yours would've told you too?"

Russia was surprised to say the least. He didn't expect that reply to be honest.

"Mine didn't tell me that. Then why-

"YOURS DIDN'T?!?! THAT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING!!! THAT'S WHY YOU ARE SO QUITE ALL THE TIME. I SHOULD'VE KNOWN BEFORE."

Russia was caught off gaurd with that sudden leap in loudness.

"W-what? Am I supposed to be mean to you before you are mean to me? My Government didn't mention anything about... that."

America, who was standing now, sat back down with a chuckle.

"Hah, your government is weird, Ruski. Killing people and shit, yet still not telling you to tick off your rival. Weird indeed."

"Don't call me that."

"Oh? Just gonna ignore the rest of it, Ruski?"

"S-stop. I don't want you to call me that."

"Noted. Will make sure to call you that from now onwards."

"And I thought you were becoming a much more likeable person. Tsk."

"Aww, Ruski~ but there's no fun in that~."

"Shut the fuck up. You annoy the hell out of me."

Saying this, Russia roughly put the coffee mug on the table, without a hint of care for it. Had he done it any rougher, it would have probably resulted in the mug being broken. America just gave him a 'i don't give a fuck' expression while Russia stormed of to their bedroom, not forgetting to take a bottle of vodka along with him on the way.

"Damn, this bitch drinks if I annoy him a bit? So I was the reason this stupid dumbass became a vodka addict? Damn, he is so real for that. Can't believe I am annoying enough to make someone become addicted to alcohol. Probably gonna have to sleep next to a drunk bastard tonight. Ugh"

Multiple thoughts came into Ame's head, but he couldn't care less about Russia. Ofcourse he continued to scroll through his phone.

End of chapter

Guys sorry it took so long, it's so short lmao sorry.
The night is not included because it's part of the next chapter bc I am too lazy atm to continue. Sorry once again. It's so hot here, I am going to melttt

This chapter sounds cringe, like the book. Point out if there are any mistakes pls