platform 9¾

the morning of september 1st arrives, and you and insu eagerly make your way to king's cross station.

excitement bubbles in your chest as you approach the barrier between platforms 9 and 10.

"are you ready for this?" insu asks, a grin spreading across his face.

you nod, your heart racing with anticipation.

with a running start, you pass through the solid barrier, emerging onto platform 9¾.

the platform is alive with activity, filled with students and families bustling about, hauling trunks and cages filled with owls and other magical creatures.

"look at all the people," you exclaim, eyes wide with wonder.

insu nods, his own excitement evident as he scans the crowd. "let's find a compartment on the train."

you and insu locate an empty compartment on the train and settle in, your owl bokuto perched contentedly on your shoulder.

"this is it," insu says, a mixture of excitement and nervousness in his voice.

as the train lurches into motion, you wave goodbye to your parents, feeling a pang of homesickness mixed with the thrill of adventure.

just as insu was about to close the compartment door, a boy approaches, accompanied by a friend.

"excuse me," the boy says, "is it alright if my friend and i sit with you? there doesn't seem to be any other empty compartments."

you exchange a glance with Insu, both of you nodding in agreement. "sure, there's plenty of room," insu replies, gesturing to the empty seats opposite you.

the boy and his friend thank you, sliding the compartment door open and stepping inside.

"wait," you say, "aren't you the one who said my wand looks like chopsticks?"

"minho, don't tell me you started already..." the other boy says.

"not my fault her wand looks like a damn chopstick,"

"let's not! i mean ahem..." he starts, "i'm seungkwan. boo seungkwan. this will be my first year at hogwarts," he introduces, "and this is my trouble-maker friend: minho. please ignore him,"

"why ignore me huh?" he remarks, "i'm minho. lee minho. this is my first year at hogwarts as well,"

"i'm na insu. second year ravenclaw. and this is my sister,"

you nod, "na y/n, this will be my first year at hogwarts too,"

as everyone settles in, stowing their trunks under the seats and above, you call out the cute cat on minho's lap.

"cute," you remark.

"thanks," Minho says.

"i said cute to the cat. not you,"

Minho scoffs, "well, then you should look closely cause im too damn cute,"

"whatever you say," you murmur.

"what?"

"what's its name?" you ask, trying not to laugh at minho's narcissism.

"soonie. he's a boy," minho replies proudly.

"so adorable. im sure he didn't take after his owner," you tease.

"what did you just say???" minho feings offence.

you laugh, "joking, joking!"

"that's what i thought," minho grins.

"are they gonna be like this further?" seungkwan mumbles to insu.

"let's hope not,"

as the tension breaks, everyone giggles and relaxes, feeling more at ease with each other.

the train rattles on towards hogwarts, laughter and chatter filling the compartment as you and your new friends(hopefully) make your way to your destination.