Witches Before Wizards

Open on the Owl House. Wind howls as it moves Luz's open and creaking window. Luz rolls over and breathes heavily. Flashback to events of the previous episode: Owlbert hopping through the portal door in Eda's tent with a sack in his beak, Luz running through behind him.

Luz: Stop adorably hopping away, you... Huh?.

Cut to the living room, the first time Luz entered.

Eda: Welcome to... (Snaps fingers.) ...the Owl House.

Luz gasps. Cut to Luz's first staff ride, whimsical music playing over the scene. Cut to present. Luz wakes up with a gasp and looks around the room. King and Y/n are snoring.

Luz: It wasn't a dream! (Goes where Y/n is sleeping and trying to wake up Y/n) hey Y/n wake up!.

Y/n: (Still sleeping) No...mom...give..me 5 more Minute....

Luz: Come! Wake up! (Try to pulled Y/n but have a hard time) I just...need to open the window!.

Luz then pulled Y/n as hard she succesent move Y/n but she and Y/n drop to Ground as Luz look at her side to see Y/n face closed to her as she Blush and get up mmedliy as she then open the window.

Luz: Good morning, terrifying fantasy world.

Monster: (Waving at her) Good morning. (Sinks into the ocean)

Luz: Ughhh

Y/n and King continues snoring.

Luz: (Picks up King, who wakes up.) Good morning, you little cutie-pie.

Kisses his head repeatedly.

King: I am not your cutie-pie!.

Luz: Yes, you are. (Hugs him tightly before putting him back down on her sleeping bag).

King: (Sighs.) I know.

Cut to Luz, fully dressed, opening the bathroom door. Several owls fly out of it, hooting. She watches them fly away before entering, walking backwards.

Hooty: Hi, Luz!.

Luz screams and karate chops Hooty's face.

Hooty: Ow! I'm just wishing you a good morning. (Retreats to the front door.) Jeez! Hoot! Ow!.

Luz: Sorry, Hooty. (Looks at the bathroom counter and picks up her Azura book. Flips it open to a headshot of Azura and holds it up to the mirror.) This is it, old girl. Your first day on the Boiling Isles, as a Witch Apprentice. (Punches the air.) Hyah! (Opens a closet door while covering her eyes.) Please have witchy clothes. Please have witchy clothes. Please have witchy clothes. (Takes her hand off her eyes and sees a closet full of stereotypical witchy stuff.) Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! (Screams).

Cut to Luz writing "Witch Apprentice Luz" on a name tag and sticking it to her chest. She is now wearing a robe and what looks to be a witch's hat as she stands at the bottom of a staircase. Luz squeals. A toliet flushes. Eda's shadow appears on the wall before she steps into frame.

Eda: (Yawns.) Hmm?.

Luz: Good morning, Eda the Owl Lady. I am ready for my first day of Witch Apprenticeship.

Eda: Ugh! (Shakes spiders out of her hair, picks another one out of her ear.) Who are you, again?.

Luz: Huh?! (Stares in horror as her name tag falls to the floor).

(Theme)