𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘

┏━━━━⋆。゚☁︎。⋆☾ ゚。⋆━━━━┓

THE BATTLE HAS ARRIVED

"DEAR AUGUSTINE,

I assure you, there are no foreseeable threats to your coven. Should there be, the Volturi would wholeheartedly intervene. It is what we do.

Though I do implore you to be safe, for these are trying times; I'm sure you understand."

The letter had been delivered in the early hours of the day that the newborn army would be making their arrival to Washington, and it's contents made her stomach drop.

Despite their letters dwindling down to the occasional one, Augustine had shipped off a letter right after the Cullens first heard of the troubles occurring in Seattle. She took Edward's statement that afternoon to heart; they were the only coven close by, which meant that should anyone take the brunt of the army's viciousness, it would be them.

Especially given that they were passing around Bella's scent.

So, she thought there was no harm in asking Alec if he heard any news from his side. Surely the Volturi had caught wind of what was happening in Seattle by now, but no matter how much Alec's words tried to reassure her, Alice's vision told her otherwise.

Augustine was trying to exercise Will's advice to the fullest, meaning she was slowly starting to put her trust in those who she seemed trustworthy. Yet, Alec's letter that morning was making it increasingly difficult. She buried the letter in her dresser, along with the others he had sent, and marched her way to greet the rest of the family.

Everyone was wearing dark clothing, even Augustine who opted for a dark grey zip up and black leggings. Her body thrummed with nervousness at the premise of her first real fight, and the blonde who was quick to approach her as she descended the stairs evidently noticed.

"If you even think you're in trouble, you fall back," she directed the younger girl with pursed lips. Augustine went to interject with a shake of her head when Rosalie silenced her. "Understood?"

"Understood," came Augustine's response, which pulled a small grin from the older vampire. The blonde ushered her towards the rest of the family where pre-battle preparations were ensuing, and Edward's lack of presence reminded her of just where he, Bella, and Jacob already were.

Their plan was simple, Bella's scent would lure them to the vast clearing away from the town where they would be waiting, and the wolves would make their appearance to blindside them. It was simple on paper, and Augustine could only hope that they could get out of this predicament unscathed.

⋆☾ ゚。⋆

The battle raged on, and Augustine found herself putting up a good fight against the few newborns who straggled her way. She never managed to give them the upper-hand, though she would always mumble out a small sorry before tearing their body apart.

The ravenette always saw a flash of dark silver everywhere she turned, and it seemed Paul was doing well in keeping his promise. Aside from the minimal comfort it gave her, she saw herself in these newborns, but counted herself lucky to have had the Denalis by her side when she awoke.