✨chapter 3✨

In the opulent halls of Pendilor's royal palace, the air was thick with tension as the families of Jimin and Taehyung convened to discuss the impending union of their children. Seated at opposite ends of a long, ornately carved table, they exchanged wary glances, their expressions a reflection of the uncertainty that hung over them like a dark cloud.

Jimin's parents, Yoongi and Hoseok, sat at the head of the table, their faces etched with concern as they regarded Taehyung's parents, Namjoon and Seokjin, who sat across from them with stoic composure. It was Seokjin who broke the uneasy silence, his voice calm but authoritative.

"As you are all aware," he began, his gaze sweeping over the assembled guests, "our children have been chosen as mates by fate itself. It is our duty as their parents to ensure that their union is carried out with the utmost care and consideration."

Yoongi nodded in agreement, his expression grave. "Indeed," he replied, his tone somber, "but we cannot ignore the fact that this marriage is not without its complications."

Hoseok reached out to squeeze his husband's hand, a silent gesture of reassurance. "We understand the challenges that lie ahead," he said, his voice steady despite the undercurrent of uncertainty, "but we are committed to supporting Jimin and Taehyung every step of the way."

Namjoon inclined his head in acknowledgment, his eyes lingering on Jimin's parents with a mixture of respect and understanding. "As are we," he replied, his tone respectful, "but we must also be realistic about the responsibilities that come with this union."

Seokjin nodded in agreement, his expression serious. "Indeed," he said, his voice firm, "which is why we must ensure that both Taehyung and Jimin understand the gravity of their decision."

At that moment, Taehyung entered the room, his presence commanding attention as he took his seat at the table with measured precision. His expression was unreadable, his gaze fixed on the empty space before him as he awaited the start of the meeting.

Jimin followed close behind, his eyes downcast as he took his place beside his parents. Despite the weight of the moment, a faint blush colored his cheeks, a testament to the lingering memory of their encounter at the ball.

Seokjin cleared his throat, drawing the attention of the room as he addressed the gathered guests. "Let us begin," he said, his voice echoing through the hushed chamber, "and may we find a path forward that serves the best interests of both our families and our kingdoms."

As the discussion unfolded, each family expressed their concerns and hopes for the union between Jimin and Taehyung. Yoongi and Hoseok emphasized the importance of their son's happiness, while Namjoon and Seokjin stressed the need for stability and unity between their kingdoms.

Taehyung remained silent throughout the proceedings, his gaze fixed on the table before him as he listened to the deliberations. His mind was a whirlwind of conflicting emotions, torn between his duty to his kingdom and the unexpected stirrings of something deeper within him.

Jimin, on the other hand, struggled to contain his own emotions, his heart aching with the weight of the decision before him. He stole glances at Taehyung, his eyes searching for any sign of the alpha's true feelings, but Taehyung's mask remained firmly in place.

As the discussion drew to a close, a tentative agreement was reached: Jimin and Taehyung would proceed with the marriage, for the sake of their families and their kingdoms. It was a decision born out of duty rather than love, but one that both parties reluctantly accepted.

With the formalities concluded, the families rose from the table, their expressions a mix of resignation and determination. As they prepared to depart, Yoongi approached Taehyung, his voice low but earnest.