✨chapter 7✨

Sensing the palpable awkwardness between them, Jimin cleared his throat, breaking the uneasy silence that had settled over them. "Um, your majesty," he began tentatively, his voice soft yet determined, "I know things might feel a bit... awkward right now, but I think we can try to get to know each other better."

Taehyung, who had been standing near the window with a distant expression, turned to face Jimin, his gaze inscrutable. "And how do you propose we do that?" he asked, his tone clipped and guarded.

Jimin chewed on his bottom lip nervously, searching for the right words. "Well," he began, "I thought maybe we could play a game. You know, something to break the ice and... open up a dialogue between us."

Taehyung arched an eyebrow, intrigued despite himself. "A game?" he echoed, a flicker of curiosity dancing in his eyes. "What kind of game?"

Jimin smiled, relieved to see Taehyung showing a hint of interest. "It's called 'Two Truths and a Lie,'" he explained. "We take turns sharing two true statements about ourselves and one false one, and the other person has to guess which one is the lie."

Taehyung considered Jimin's suggestion for a moment before nodding in agreement. "Alright," he conceded, "I suppose it couldn't hurt to give it a try."

As they settled into the plush king sized bed at the edge of the bed side by side with a comfortable distance between them, Jimin took a deep breath, steeling himself for the vulnerability that lay ahead. "I'll start," he said, meeting Taehyung's gaze head-on. "Let's see... My first statement is that I've always wanted to learn how to play the piano. My second is that I have a pet cat named Toto. And my third is that I once won a dance competition."

Taehyung's lips quirked into a ghost of a smile as he considered Jimin's statements. "Hmm, let me think," he murmured, his eyes scanning Jimin's face for any hint of deception. After a moment of contemplation, he spoke. "I'm going to guess that the lie is... the one about wanting to learn piano."

Jimin's eyes widened in surprise, impressed by Taehyung's intuition. "You're right," he admitted, a hint of admiration coloring his tone. "I've never thought of playing piano to be honest."

Taehyung nodded, a sense of satisfaction washing over him at having guessed correctly. "My turn, then," he said, shifting in his seat to face Jimin more fully. "Let's see... My first statement is that I can speak three languages fluently. My second is that I've never broken a bone in my life. And my third is that I once climbed Mount Everest."

Jimin's eyebrows shot up in disbelief at Taehyung's revelations. "Wow, those are some impressive statements," he remarked, his voice tinged with awe. "But I'm going to guess that the lie is... the one about climbing Mount Everest."

Taehyung chuckled softly at Jimin's guess, shaking his head in amusement. "You're correct," he confirmed, a hint of amusement in his voice. "As much as I'd like to say I've conquered the highest peak in the world, I'm afraid that's not true."

As they continued their game of "Two Truths and a Lie," Taehyung couldn't help but notice how Jimin addressed him. Each time Jimin spoke, he referred to Taehyung as "Your Majesty," a title that seemed to echo through the room with an air of formality and distance.

Feeling a twinge of discomfort at the formal address, Taehyung cleared his throat, drawing Jimin's attention. "Jimin," he began, his voice surprisingly soft, "can I ask you something?"

Jimin looked up, meeting Taehyung's gaze with a curious expression. "Of course, your majesty," he replied, his tone warm and inviting.

Taehyung hesitated for a moment, unsure of how to broach the subject delicately. "It's just... Why are you calling me your majesty," he began, trailing off as he searched for the right words.