✨chapter 6✨

In the grand hall of the palace, preparations were underway for a lavish welcome banquet in honor of the newlywed couple. Servants bustled about, arranging tables adorned with fine linens and delicate silverware, while chefs worked tirelessly in the kitchens to prepare a feast fit for royalty.

Taehyung stood at the window, gazing out at the sprawling grounds of the palace, his mind consumed by thoughts of the future. Despite his stoic facade, he couldn't shake the feeling of unease that lingered within him, a sense of uncertainty about what lay ahead.

Jimin approached him, his steps hesitant as he stopped beside Taehyung. "Are you alright?" he asked softly, his eyes searching Taehyung's face for any sign of emotion.

Taehyung glanced at Jimin, his expression guarded. "I'm fine," he replied curtly, his tone clipped.

Jimin sighed, feeling a pang of frustration at Taehyung's aloofness. "You don't have to pretend with me, your majesty," he said gently. "I know this is all new to both of us, but we're in this together now."

Taehyung's gaze softened slightly, a flicker of something unreadable in his eyes. "I know," he admitted, his voice barely above a whisper. "It's just... hard to adjust."

Jimin nodded in understanding, his heart aching for the alpha beside him. Despite Taehyung's outward strength, Jimin could sense the vulnerability that lurked beneath the surface, a silent plea for acceptance and understanding.

Before they could say anything more, Namjoon entered the room, his presence commanding attention as he addressed his son and his new mate. "The banquet will begin shortly," he announced, his voice firm but not unkind. "It's time to greet our guests and celebrate this joyous occasion."

Taehyung straightened, his posture rigid as he prepared to fulfill his duties as the king of Caspian. Jimin stood beside him, offering a reassuring smile as they made their way to the banquet hall together.

As they entered the hall, the room erupted into applause, the guests rising to their feet to welcome the newlyweds. Taehyung and Jimin exchanged polite nods and smiles, their eyes meeting fleetingly before turning their attention to the festivities unfolding around them.

Throughout the evening, they mingled with the guests, exchanging pleasantries and engaging in polite conversation. Taehyung remained stoic and composed, his facade unyielding even in the face of the jubilant atmosphere.

Meanwhile, Jimin's warmth and charm endeared him to the guests, his genuine nature shining through as he effortlessly charmed everyone he encountered. He laughed and danced, his joy infectious as he embraced the spirit of the celebration.

As the night wore on, Taehyung found himself drawn to Jimin's side, a sense of familiarity and comfort settling over him in his presence. Despite his reservations, he couldn't deny the undeniable connection that existed between them, a silent acknowledgment of the bond that had been forged on their wedding day.

And as they stood together, surrounded by the laughter and music of the banquet hall, Taehyung realized that perhaps, just perhaps, there was hope for them yet. In Jimin's warm embrace, he found solace and strength, a beacon of light in the darkness that had consumed him for so long.

And as they danced beneath the moonlit sky, their hearts intertwined in a silent promise of love and devotion.

In the dimly lit chambers of the Caspian palace, Taehyung and Jimin stood awkwardly before each other, their hearts heavy with the weight of unspoken truths. The room, adorned with lavish decorations and scented with the fragrance of exotic flowers, seemed to mock their predicament, a stark reminder of the charade they were forced to play.