IF ONLY... | GOJO

،⠀できれば...♡· if only... ᭡ ࣪.

⸝⸝⸝

gojo satoru — wc. 1.2k

·͟͟͞➳❥ synopsis ⋆· if only you were like your brother...

disclaimers ⋆· angst, comfort, platonic relationship

· · • • • ✤ • • • · ·

Born from the same womb, your role was sealed from the moment your brother opened his eyes

Your brother was the first one out of the stomach, therefore officially the "older sibling" by a mere 13 seconds. Though, that was of little importance in the grand scheme of things.

Because that didn't matter. You didn't matter.

Your brother, Gojo Satoru, was beloved, adored, and spoiled beyond any child of the Gojo clan.

It made sense. After all, Satoru was the pride of the Gojo Clan, the first person to inherit both the Limitless and the Six Eyes in four hundred years.

...As for you?

You were dubbed as the failure of the Gojo clan.

You had no technique and hardly enough cursed energy to see spirits. It's no wonder even your own parents called you a pathetic child and an extra mouth to feed. It's funny, considering how wealthy the Gojo clan really was...

That sealed it for you.

It silently implied you didn't belong in the family and never would. Not the while as Gojo was still alive.

You doubted with every part of your being that your family would ever repent for their actions and start loving you again. Even then, every time, hope still lingered, but it felt like a mere wisp of a dream, a fragile whisper carried away by the winds of despair—a mere pipe dream.

Every time the "Gojo twins" were mentioned, it was always about how strong Satoru was and how weak you were, not being able to live up to anybody's expectations of you.

You weren't weak. If anything, you were strong, even without having a technique of your own to boast, befitting a member of the Gojo clan. But you were nothing compared to your brother... and because you were twins, it was all people could ever compare you to.

You were but a shadow in Satoru's life, not even worth being named a replacement.

"If only [Y/n] had also inherited at least one of our techniques. It's a shame..." they would say.

The failure of the Gojo clan. It had a nice ring to it... you would sheepishly chuckle to yourself, carefully and willfully ignoring the aching pain in your chest, and instead put on a mask.