Chapter 1. Her

In the bustling city where the roads are filled with people whether it's day or night, the city of dreams, the city that never sleeps, where everyone is running either to catch trains or to achieve their goals, Mumbai.

A girl in her early 20s, a topper at VJTI College in the department of Information Technology, a daydreamer, clumsy, anti-romantic, yet a romcom reader. AMAIRA MEHRA.

Amaira's POV:

"Amaira, would you be my Valentine?" He asked his eyes moist that depict his true feelings for me, and after waiting for this day for many years, finally I am going to accept my feelings, finally I am going to say YE...."

"Uth jaa amairaaa college keliye late horaha hei." I heard a familiar voice, but ignoring it, I continued to focus on accepting the proposal.
("wakeup amaira you are getting late for college")

The next second, I felt cold water on my face, and I sat up quickly. ' So it was my dream again' I sighed, rubbing my eyes, and looked at my mother, who was fuming in anger.

"Oh, meri sapnon ki rani uth bhi jaa abh breakfast taiyaar hei aaj submission heina tera." My eyes widened hearing the word submission.
("oh my queen of dreams wakeup now breakfast is ready, you have submission today")

Oh yes, the submission for which I stayed late nights, for whom I cancelled my plans, and finally today is the day.

I picked up my phone to check the time, and as I opened it, my eyes came out of the socket. I woke up half an hour late than usual, which means today I am going to be late.

'Hey bhagwan ajj hi ke din aisa kyu' I said to myself, regretting snoozing the alarm for the nth time.
('hey god, why all this today')

"Maharani sahiba abhi late hua hei to kyu phone leke bethi ho chalo fatafat tayar hoke niche aao," my mom said. She almost threatened me and went downstairs.
("lady queen now that you are late then why are you seeing phone, quickly get ready and come downstairs")

Getting up quickly, I took a warm bath. Coming out of the shower, I quickly changed into my suits, bunned up my hair, and wore my favorite pair of jhumkas. completing my skin care routine with adding a little lip tint to my lips, I hurriedly took my bag and went downstairs. eating the breakfast my mom made for me, I quickly left the house.

The streets were filled with people; everyone was rushing. Taking the train, I reached the station within 20 minutes. I walked down the streets faster than usual with piles of files in my hands.

I was almost running because it was the day of my 4th semester submission and I got late for college on a very important day.

Manvi called me when I was half way to the college, so I informed her to go ahead as I was already late and I could not let her be late because of me.

After another 5 minutes of walking, I glanced at my watch, but by God's grace, I was on time. I entered the college, and I saw Manvi from a distance standing at one corner.

I hurriedly went towards her, but as I was about to reach her, I bumped into someone. 'Oh God, ever bad thing has to happen today, ahhh' the files got scattered on the ground, but the man I bumped into helped me pick them up. I did not even waste my time in seeing whom I bumped into.

Picking up everything, I muttered thank you for his help and went towards Manvi. We entered our classroom and took our seats. Everyone was present except our teachers, so we sighed in relief that after all this running, I had arrived on time.

"Ye le paani pee lee," Manvi said, forwarding a bottle of water. I took it and drank the water in one go. Adjusting my clothes, I sat all prepared for the submission and also the viva.
("take this drink some water")

After successfully completing the submission, Me and Manvi left our department and were strolling through the campus, waiting for Aayan to arrive as he is from the CS department.

After about 15 minutes, Aayan arrived. "Oh, why did you come so early? You could have come after a whole day na," Manvi taunted Aayan, making me laugh.

"Areh, I was looking for Ansh, but he is nowhere; I don't know where he went without informing," he said, and we both rolled our eyes in unison.

"Is this ansh your friend or your twin brother or some baby?" I said mockingly, because there is not a single day without the mention of this some 'ansh' from Aayan.

Aayan just laughed at my statement, nodding his head. "Is wearing earrings in one ear any kind of fashion, or did you invented it today?" Aayan said, looking at me, making me confused.

"Uh? What are you saying? Can't you see I have worn a pair of earrings?" I said, touching my right earlobe and then left but my eyes widened when I felt nothing in my left earlobe.

"When did this happen, omygoddd, does that mean I have been roaming the whole college with just an earring in a single ear?" I spoke out in disbelief.

I saw them controlling their laughter. "Aurr, tu manvi, why didn't you tell me this before?" I questioned, glaring at her.

"Are vo agar mei bata deti to tu panic hojati fir submission aur viva mei kuch gadbad kar deti? That's why," she said, smiling sheepily.
("are if i had told you before you would have panicked and then would have create some mess in submission and viva")

"Toh abb, how will we find it??? It is my favorite pair of earrings i wore it today as it was going to be important day" I said and they shrugged their shoulders.

" but gir kaha gayi teri earring?" manvi asked, I tried remembering where It can be lost and then I remembered the incident.
("but where did your earring fall?")

"areh while coming I bumped into someone accidentally and I guess at that time I lost my earring, and dumb me didn't even bothered to look at his face or we could have just searched in in the college" I explained them the whole scenario and they just sighed in disbelief.

"chal abb roke kyahi karegi, mei tuje ek pair earring lake dedunga" aayan said and I chimmed in happiness.
("Come on, what is the point of crying now? I will give you a pair of earrings")

"Ha ha theek hei muje koi kyu dega earring" manvi said playfully rolling her eyes.
(" Ha ha it's okay why will anyone give me earrings")

"areh I'll also give you a pair of earrings" aayan said and we happily left for our homes talking about everything that happened today.

Finally here is the 1st chapter, let me know your honest reviews if you like the chapter or not.

make sure to follow me on wattpad and also on Instagram for exciting spoilers and edits.
Instagram Id: @dreamy_desiwriter

Do VOTE and COMMENT 🌻🌻🌻 each vote and comment is deeply appreciated so kindly don't hesitate ♡

1 chapter a week will be updated, you all can expect 2 chapters also if the response is good...

~with love