Chapter 6. Farewell

Surprise Update 👉👈
Don't forget to Vote and Comment ❤

Amaira's POV:

Wearing a saree on my farewell has always been on my bucket list because I never wore a saree much. It's always THE OCASSIONS when I got to wear a saree, not that I was uncomfortable in it, but there were no special occasions to wear a saree.

Last time I remember, I wore a saree two times, once during the 10th farewell and again during the 12th farewell, and this is the third time.

Today I am wearing a beautiful red saree paired with golden bangles and a chain. As I wanted to wear my heavy earrings, I kept the rest of the of the accessories a little mininum.(outfit photo at the end of chapter)

I went to my dressing table, where I keep all my accessories along with makeup. I opened the door and searched for my 'that' earring, but then I remembered how I lost it two years ago and never got it back.

It was my favorite jhumka for a reason; it was given to me by my childhood best friend as a sign of our friendship before she moved to the US for her further studies.

That jhumka was a sign that our friendship will always be alive, even if we are countries apart. It hurts me to this day to think how clumsy I was to lose that special earring.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't realize Manvi came in my room getting all ready; she tapped on my shoulder, and I fliched coming out of the memories that I will always cherish of me and my first childhood best friend.

A few drops of tears were formed in my eyes, and I flapped my eyes to brush them off. Manvi noticed it. "Hey, why are you crying?" she asked me in worry, and I just nodded my head in No, but I am sure she is not okay with my answer.

She made her way towards my bed, where she kept her bag. I took out lipstick and closed the door of the dressing table. I applied my lipstick and then gave a light touch of compact on my already makeup face. I kept my makeup a little light because I am never a fan of heavy makeup, so keeping it simple, I was almost done.

I turned around to see Manvi right in front of me smiling widely, and I was so confused because in the past 2 minutes neither I said anything nor she, so what was the reason for her to smile?

"Amaira, close your eyes and keep your right hand open," she said. Confusion covered my face as I was not even getting any hint about what Manvi was going to do, but I closed my eyes and forwarded my right hand.

The very next second, a pair of jhumkas were handed to me, and as I opened my eyes, the view of those beautiful jhumkas matching my saree came in front of me.

I smiled in happiness and hugged her immediately. "Omygod Manvi, thank you so much. This is the best thing that could happen today. You know, I was missing my favorite jhumka just a few minutes ago, and my mood was fowl because of that," I said to her while hugging her.

She came out of the hug still holding my shoulders. "I know, my girl, I knew you must be missing that jhumka. Now that I can't bring it back, I thought of giving you this pair of jhumka. It's absolutely not a replacement for that jhumka, because I know your memories with the jhumka and your childhood bestie, so this is a new jhumka for you to store all the memories of today's farewell," she said, and tears formed in my eyes hearing her words.

"Abhi pehenegi bhi ya mujehi dekhti rhegi," she said, and I chuckled, nodding, wearing the earrings quickly, and we left for college together.
(" now will you wear it or keep looking at me")

After my childhood best friend moved to the US after 10th grade, I thought I might not get any other friends, but Manvi came into my life as a ray of light. In 11th grade, we didn't talk much, but in 12th grade, we became so close that we are inseparable, and Manvi is the best thing that has happened to me. Alongside, I also got Aayan, who is really caring and more like a brother to me.