Chapter 4. Drunk

With a heavy heart, hazzy vision, and an overthinking mind Reyansh made his way inside the wine shop. He gulped down the wine as if his life depended on it.

The scene that unfolded in front of his eyes was playing continuously in his mind. His heart denied accepting what he saw, but he couldn't stop thinking about all the aspects that could ever be possible.

He questioned his friendship with Aayan, saying that he might not be that great for Aayan and that Aayan couldn't share anything with him about Amaira before. He questioned himself for not gathering the courage to face her. Tears blurred his vision, but he didn't stop.

With the 10th shot of wine that overpowered his nerves, Reyansh laid his head on the surface in front of him.

His phone buzzed with a call and without seeing the name he picked up the call, "Reyansh, where are you??? We were supposed to study together tonight, you forgot?" Aayan said from the other side of the call unaware of Reyansh's drunken state.

Why... are you calling me...????? Yo..uuu areee not my aayannnnnn.." Reyansh said, his voice heavy, his throat aching, and tears on the verge of escaping from his eyes.

Aayan, on the other hand, understood that something was wrong. "Where are you? What are you saying? Tell me your exact location. I'll be there in 5 minutes" Aayan said, wearing his shoes and getting ready to leave his house.

"Meeee????" he said looking at the bar and at the corner he saw the name of the bar displayed in neon lights. "I'm at Cheers Beerssssssssss" he said, stretching the words a little more than needed.

Aayan immediately left his house, booked a cab, and went near the bar. Within a time span of 15 minutes Aayan reached the spot and saw drunk Reyansh walking towards the exit gate with unsteady steps.

As he neared him, he saw Reyansh mumbling something to himself. He quickly went near him to hold him in place. Reyansh wiggled a little in his hold.

"Stay in place Reyansh, or I'll leave," he said in a little high tone. Reyansh stood in place and made a puppy face looking at Aayan.

"Now you are... also goingggg to leaveeeee meee" he said in a muffled voice. A few tears escaped his eyes.

"you are too drunk; let's go to my place first, then we will talk" Aayan said, helping Reyansh with his seatbelt.

Reaching outside the gate of Aayans building, Aayan took hold of Reyansh and helped him get out of the car. He then made him stand properly and went to pay the cab driver.

Until the time he comes back to take Reyansh with him, he finds no one in the place.

He heard a loud noise of someone singing, "Chahe koi muje junglee kaheee... kehne do ji kehta rahee, Hum pyaar ke toofano mei gire hei hum kya kareee yahoo.......".... "acha chalta hoon duaoo mei yaad rakhna..." and he saw Reyansh strangling to the gate of his building, yelling his heart out.

Aayan quickly went near him and kept his hand on Reyansh's mouth, stopping him from yelling out the song.

He then made his way towards his wing and finally, after a lot of struggle he reached his home.

Fortunately, Aayans parents were on a business trip so he was alone at home which made his task easier as he now doesn't have to explain the reason behind Reyansh's drunken state to anyone, even though he himself doesn't know the reason.

Aayan laid down Reyansh on the bed, who was mumbling things. As Aayan was about to leave the room to get himself changed, he heard Reyansh crying out, "AMAIRAAAAAA.......... why are you doing this to me?" he said in his drunken voice.

Aayan turned and made his way towards Reyansh and sat beside him, "What did you just say?" Aayan asked, confusion lingered in the air.

"What do I say? What I will say now is that she is  yours, you took her away from  meeee" he cried out, confused Aayan started to get things that Reyansh was blabbering about.

He then softly took Reyansh's hand in his, his best friend instinct telling him that something had happened that actually broke Reyansh's heart because Reyansh and drinks are never a combination, but today he drank. No, he just poured himself into the sea of alcohol, and for what? That is still undiscovered.

Without further discussion, which will possibly be forgotten by drunken Reyansh by tomorrow, Aayan helped him change into comfortable clothes and made him sleep first, and then he slept.

His mind was revolving around Amairas mention from Reyansh, but shrugging off the thoughts, he made his way out of the room and slept on another bed.

The sunrays pierced through the window, which directly fell on Reyansh's eyes. With the squinted eyes, he woke up in annoyance.

As soon as he woke up, he held his head in a tight grip, his head aching a lot. He noticed the unfamiliar surroundings.

He then saw photos of Aayan on the walls and realized it was Aayan's room. He went inside the bathroom to freshen up and made his way out of the room, where he saw Aayan preparing breakfast.

Aayan came forward and handed him a glass of lemon honey water. He took it and drank it in one go. "Ahh, Aayan, my head is aching so much" Reyansh said, taking a seat on the sofa and closing his eyes, resting his head back.

"Did I ask you to drink so much?" Aayan said coming outside with two plates of upma.

Reyansh closed his eyes, remembering everything about yesterday. He ate the upma in a hurry without saying a single word.

He could feel Aayans questionable gaze on him but ignoring it he stood up, keeping his plate in the sink he made his way out to the sofa, he picked up his phone, "I'll be leaving now; thanks for yesterday" he said to no one in particular.

"Wait, Reyansh, I want some answers; I need to know some things," Aayan said getting up.

Reyansh sat on the sofa, keeping the plate Aayan came out and sat on the chair in front of  Reyansh.

"Wh... what do you want to know?" Reyansh asked, shuttering. "Everything" Aayan said, "First look into my eyes and tell me everything; to be specific, tell me why you drank yesterday?How do you know Amaira? What is going on?" Aayan asked, and Reyansh gulped, his legs shaking up and down in nervousness.

"Vo... vo..." he shuttered. "Come to the point, Reyansh, don't beat around the bush" Aayan said.

"I LOVE AMAIRA, ITS BEEN 2 WHOLE YEARS, I TRIED TO CONVINCE MYSELF THAT IT MIGHT BE JUST A CRUSH, BUT NO, I LOVE HER SO MUCH," Reyansh said loudly in one breath, closing his eyes, and when he opened his eyes, he saw shocked Aayan in front of him.....

Thankyou for reading ♡♡♡ comment down your thoughts about today's chapter...

make sure to follow me on wattpad and also on Instagram for exciting spoilers and edits.
Instagram Id: @dreamy_desiwriter

Do VOTE and COMMENT 🌻🌻🌻 each vote and comment is deeply appreciated so kindly don't hesitate ♡

1 chapter a week will be updated, you all can expect 2 chapters also if the response is good...

~with love ♡