Prologue

Poor Michael Afton, roped in by his childmurdering tricks, he had only one thing to do after the mission he had to do..

- Find his father.
- burn dead alive by his fathers best friend.

(Beware of spoilers through this book, please don't read if you haven't played the games!)

Prologue: Rental Rejects

The rusted sign above the entrance mocked Michael with a faded grin: "Circus Baby's Entertainment and Rental - Where Fun is Always Found!" A cruel joke, considering the peeling paint, shattered windows, and ominous silence radiating from the building. Yet, here he was, ID clutched in a sweaty hand, heart hammering a frantic rhythm against his ribs.

The message had been cryptic, a garbled whisper through a disposable phone: "Come. Help us. Afton." Michael knew that name all too well. It was a festering wound in his past, a name synonymous with childhood nightmares and a twisted legacy. But a sliver of hope, a desperate yearning to set things right, had propelled him towards this desolate building.

The double doors groaned open with a rusty sigh, revealing a cavernous lobby bathed in an eerie red glow. Dust motes danced in the air, illuminated by flickering fluorescents. Cobwebs draped the walls like macabre tapestries, and the air hung heavy with the metallic tang of disuse. In the center of the room, a lone animatronic stood frozen mid-pirouette, its once-gleaming chrome dulled and tarnished. This was Circus Baby, her painted-on smile unsettling in the dim light.

A monotone voice crackled through the speakers. "Welcome, night watchman. Please proceed to your designated station. HandUnit will be your guide."

A disembodied eye on the wall blinked at him, a single red iris glowing malevolently. It felt wrong, being watched by an unblinking eye, but Michael pushed forward, following the flickering arrows projected onto the dusty floor. The deeper he ventured, the more oppressive the silence became, broken only by the rhythmic dripping of unseen water.

He found himself in a cramped control room, a maze of flickering monitors displaying grainy footage of dark corridors. A metallic voice emanated from a speaker on the desk. "This is HandUnit. Please review the safety protocols before beginning your shift." A series of holographic instructions flickered to life, detailing emergency procedures and animatronic maintenance protocols. The sheer complexity of the instructions sent a shiver down Michael's spine.

Just then, a high-pitched giggle echoed through the vents, followed by the clatter of tiny metallic feet. A spotlight flickered on, revealing a pack of miniature animatronics with beady black eyes and rows of razor-sharp teeth. They scuttled across the ceiling, their manic laughter sending a wave of nausea washing over Michael.

"Bidybabs detected in Vent System East," HandUnit announced. "Activate Audio Lure to redirect." Following the instructions, Michael fumbled with the controls, a metallic voice blaring a distorted nursery rhyme into the vents. The Bidybabs' laughter faltered, replaced by confused squeaks as they scurried away.

Michael wiped a sheen of sweat from his brow. The first night had barely begun, and already he felt trapped in a twisted mechanical nightmare. He glanced at the single, flickering exit sign above the door. Leaving felt like a betrayal, but staying felt like a death sentence. Taking a deep breath, he steeled his nerves. He had come too far to turn back now. He had a score to settle, a family legacy to dismantle, and a horrifying truth to uncover. This wasn't just about survival anymore. This was about redemption.