Chapter 3: Trust Me, Lynette

Third Person POV: Lynette (5 years, 6 months after the deal)

Ever since Freminet had been brought back to life six months ago, the boy seemed to possess more power than he had before. He was able to handle more harsh training from Father and was excelling at almost everything he did. Lynette knows Alastor's powers have something to do with it, but every time he visits, she doesn't bring it up. She doesn't want to anger the Radio Demon and have him kill Freminet. And Lynette hated that her and her brother owed Alastor a favor since Lyney had begged the demon to save their little brother. 

Lyney was also noticeably different. He was trying harder in training, where before he did not care that much. He was more respectful to Alastor too, since he was most likely terrified of having another "beach incident" with the demon. Lyney was also more quick to defend the demon whenever Lynette tried to tell her brother they should tell Father about their deal. She found it annoying how trusting her brother was when it was obvious they were being used. But when she brought this up, Lyney simply reminded her that the Fatui were using them too and nothing was different between the Radio Demon and the Snezhnayan organization. 

But currently, Lynette was her usual semi-silent self since Alastor was visiting. The Radio demon was spinning around in Lyney's desk chair as her brother was sitting on his bed watching him. Lynette was leaning on the wall closest to the door in case Alastor tried to kill them. A necessary precaution in her opinion. She was sure the demon noticed her position, but he made no move to correct her. Alastor continued spinning, humming some song from his time as he did so. 

"So, Al, how is your radio show these days?" Lyney asked, trying to find a way to break the silence. The humming died down instantly upon hearing her brother speak, and the demon looked at him with a cocky grin. Lynette frowned slightly hearing her brother refer to the Radio Demon with a nickname, but quickly fixed her face when the demon made eye contact with her for a brief moment.

"Quite well, my good fellow. I'm topping the charts if I do say so myself! Listener's requests have been flooding my office like there is no tomorrow! And the Steambird has its uses as well!" Alastor replied, watching the magician's facial expressions. 

"That's great! Freminet bought a radio recently, so that's why I asked." Lyney explained.

"And how is your little brother? Doing well I hope?"

"Yep! He's doing better than great! Father said she's going to give him more missions since he's progressed so fast."

"You wouldn't happen to know anything about his enhanced strength and stamina, would you?" Lynette growled. 

"Lynette..." Lyney warned quietly, hearing the slight hiss of radio static emit from the red-haired demon. 

"Now, now, my dear..." Alastor got up, standing in front of the cat girl. "My magic is only giving him the ability to live at full capacity. It has nothing to do with his progress. I'm hurt you think so lowly of me, my dear."

"It's hard not to." She scoffed, ignoring the anger in the demon's eyes. "Besides, how are we supposed to know you won't manipulate Freminet too?" 

"Ha, my dear if I wanted to control your brother...I would have done so, already." Alastor stated, his voice turning fearsome before reverting to its normal tone. "Besides, he's protected by a much higher power than my own."

Before Lyney and Lynette could ask him what he meant, the demon's ears pricked up and gestured toward the door. Someone was coming. The demon moved into the shadows behind the door to hide himself from view and snapped his fingers, making Lyney's cards scatter all over the floor. Lyney bent down to pick them up while Lynette eyed the door. It opened to reveal Freminet, who had a serious look on his face.