1. Neighbor

You are moving boxes into your new home located in Alto, Georgia. Your father was able to get a new job with better pay, of course, he was going to take it. You told him to before he had any doubts. After losing your mom two years ago, your relationship with your dad became indestructible. He worried about you before the two of you moved. "What about you? Will you be okay? You'll have to make new friends and everything" You remember your father's words. Back then you told him everything would be fine but you're not so sure about that now. Your first day at the new school is tomorrow. Fortunately for you, it's every current student going to that school first day too. You won't be the only person doing introductions if they even do that at this high school.

"I know that face... You okay kiddo?" Your father's voice snaps you out of your thoughts, "You're not having second thoughts are you?". "I'm okay, Dad. Just the first day of school nerves" You answer. He places a hand on your head, "I'm sure everything will go smoothly". You give him a smile at his reassurance. "Excuse me? You two must be the new neighbors!" An elderly woman walks up to the moving truck both you and your father are standing behind. You notice a bouquet of tulips in the elderly woman's hands. "I hope you two aren't allergic to tulips or the sort but I thought it would be good for the house. I'm Mary Feilds! My husband, James, and my grandson, Logan, are currently inside" Mary smiles. "They're lovely ma'am. Thank you!" You smile, taking the bouquet of tulips from her tender hands. "My daughter loves tulips, what a coincidence!" Your father chuckles, "I'm Corey Morgan and this is my daughter, [Y/N] Morgan,".

"My my, aren't you a cutie!" Mary smiles. You smile, "Thank you, ma'am!". "G-grandma!" A boy about an inch taller than you with light brown hair and blue eyes, wearing glasses, runs over to stand next to his grandmother. He notices both you and your father at the last second. "This is my grandson, Logan!" Mary introduces him. He smiles and gives a shy wave. "It's nice to meet you, Logan. I'm Corey and this is [Y/N]". "Dad, I can introduce myself..." You whisper. Your father smiles at you. "Logan, why don't you help the young lady with the boxes while I find a vase for their tulips with Mr. Morgan?" Mary places a hand on her grandson's shoulder. "Yes ma'am" Logan nods. "Oh, okay, well I'll be right back [Y/N]" Your father pats your back before following Mary into her house.

"I'm sorry about her. She's extremely kind and lets her excitement get in the way" Logan stands beside you. You smile as the two of you grab the last two boxes, "It's okay". The two of you walk inside the house and upstairs to your room. "Wow your room is pretty big" Logan's eyes trail every inch of your room. You've only just moved in two days ago. You decided to unpack as you brought the boxes into the room. "I was surprised when I first saw it" You place the box in your hands on the floor by the end of your bed. "You play sports?" You spot Logan staring at the medals that hang on the headboard of your bed frame. "Mainly rugby and track," You say. "That's so cool". You purse your lips, "Do you play sports?". He didn't look like he did but you're not going to assume that he didn't. "No, I'm more of an academic person" Logan admits. You nod, "So what are you into?". "Astronomy" He answers. "That's cool" Your reply is genuine. "Would you believe me if I said I was also an academic person?" You grin. Logan smiles, sheepishly, unsure of how to answer that. "In that box over there" You point to the box beside your door, "Is full of tools. I like to build or put things together". "You're a mechanic?" Logan raises an eyebrow. You nod your head.

"Knock knock" You recognize your father's voice. "Hey Dad" You face him. "I just wanted to let you know that dinner will be ready soon" He informs. "That reminds me. I should get going" Logan stands. "Oh, okay. Thank you for helping me. It was nice to get to know someone before school tomorrow" You smile. "You're welcome! It was nice to get to know you too. I'll see you tomorrow" Logan waves before he and your father head downstairs.

'He's nice. Hopefully, I'll be able to see him tomorrow before class or be in a class with him'