7. Comfort

"Time?!" Ashlyn shouts. "Eight minutes!" Logan responds. You're running in the back with Tyler. Why are you running? Well, there's a phantom currently chasing the seven of you. The sound of its feet hitting the ground is loud, it's close. "The graveyard!" Ashlyn shouts as it comes into view. The seven of you run inside and Tyler shouts, "Close the gate!". Ashlyn slams the red button to close it. The gate begins to close as the phantom gets closer but thankfully, the gate closes before it can get in.

You slump over from the exhaustion that takes over your body from all the running you just did. "Let's go to the bus" You sigh, making your way over to the bus the seven of you have been using as a safe place. You lean against the window in between where the twins sit and the box of weapons sits. Tyler groans, "That sucked". You close your eyes as you stay where you are. "The banging stopped" Ashlyn states. "It probably gave up or someth—" His words trailing off make you open your eyes. That's when you see it. The phantom peering over the seats. "How?!". Tyler grabs your arm to pull you closer to the group. Everyone makes their way to the back, facing the phantom. You're in front of Ashlyn, the closest one to the phantom. "Can we open the back door?" You question. "It's blocked!" Taylor informs. "W-what do we do?" Logan stutters. "Die?" Aiden speaks up. "Aiden!" You, Ashlyn, and Tyler shout at the blonde. The phantom takes that as its opportunity to lunge at you all. You throw your arms out wide in hopes of blocking the phantom from your group as you close your eyes tight.

ʟᴏɢᴀɴ
Is everyone okay?

ᴀsʜʟʏɴ
Yes.

ʏᴏᴜ
Fortunately

ᴀɪᴅᴇɴ
Lol that was close

ᴛᴀʏʟᴏʀ
Physically yes

ᴛʏʟᴇʀ
Mentally no

ʙᴇɴ
Did anyone finish the homework?

ᴀsʜʟʏɴ
Screw it.

ᴛʏʟᴇʀ
^^

ᴛᴀʏʟᴏʀ
^^

ʏᴏᴜ
No, but I will now.

ᴛʏʟᴇʀ
Send the answers

ʏᴏᴜ
No ☺︎

ᴛʏʟᴇʀ
Screw you.

You sit at your desk and begin your homework until you feel your phone buzz twice. You pick it up to see two messages from Tyler.

ᴛʏʟᴇʀ
Yo
You still up?

ʏᴏᴜ
Yes
You're still not getting the answers.

ᴛʏʟᴇʀ
1. That's not why I'm texting you
2. Screw you

ʏᴏᴜ
1. Then why are you texting me?
2. You wish

ᴛʏʟᴇʀ
Going to ignore what you just said.
I'm texting you to see if you're okay.

ʏᴏᴜ
I already said I was.

ᴛʏʟᴇʀ
I saw what you did.
You protected everyone but yourself.
That was stupid.

ʏᴏᴜ
How? I was protecting you guys.

ᴛʏʟᴇʀ
But who's going to protect you while you're worried about everyone else?
You're going to end up getting hurt
Or worse. Killed.

ʏᴏᴜ
I'll be fine.

☾☾☽☽

Ever since you got back to school from the field trip both Logan and Ashlyn have been sticking to your side. It's normal for Logan to be by your side. Ashlyn sticks to your side to talk about the phantoms. For example, any facts about them or any kind of situation you could be put in. You see Tyler and Taylor a lot more often now. Although, it's a little awkward now between you and Tyler. The night after you first entered the phantom world, you and Tyler were cuddling. It was embarrassing for the both of you when you woke up. Taylor got a kick out of it. She'd tease you and Tyler whenever she got the chance but it's calmed down now that a little time has gone by.