ch3

It's already morning 9am, here I'm helping haneul emo to make breakfast. Emo  is working for us from about 25 years. I'm still sleepy. Usually I sleep a lot. But eomma scolds me if I don't wake up early. I sighed as I completed cooking kimchi pancakes
Eomma went to the church as it is friday as she goes there every friday. " Jennie, you go and call everyone for breakfast, I'll set the table." Emo said to me. I nodded smiling and went to call everyone.

As I was going I got a mail from the company 'CK' where I applied for a job. It's a famous brand and successful company. Kim Jiwon runs the company as she is a famous fashion designer and established this business about 26 years ago. I wanted to work there after my studies.

I immediately opened it. It says that I'm eligible for the interview and they will let me know about the date and time of my interview soon. "Yesss!!! I should tell this to everyone." I jumped up and down and went to call everyone.

morning'. We all sat and having breakfast. I can't stop my smile which is spreading on my lips as I was about to announce the great news." Jennieya". Abeoji called me suddenly.

"de abeoji" before he could say anything I interrupted him "abeoji I want to say something" I squealed loudly with a wide grin on my face. I couldn't contain my excitement. " We want to ask you something as well". He hesitatingly asked." What's the matter abeoji." I asked sensing his nervousness.

"We are getting good marriage proposals for you . Are you ready to get married?".  And for God sake who gets married so early that to in Korea FOR GOD SAKE I m not even 30 and that to ARRANGE MARRIAGE... tskvschkjdhdvjdjsjjs.. If wasn't there I would have freaked out Aaaaahhhhhh...
And top of that mom gonna freak out after knowing I'm into girls as well ... I can't do anything
Froze at the spot. W-what ??. But I'm still very young. I just completed my studies.
I looked at sunoo oppa, he has the same reaction but seul unnie is good as if he knew this is coming. " B-but abeoji I just completed my studies right? I'm only 23 " I tried to explain.

Mummy looked at me and said " It's the correct age for marriage Ruby. I got married to your father when I was only 19. It's the perfect age" " eommMa, Don't compare, you two belong to two different generations. Let her do what she wants." I heard oppa said. When it's comes to opposing my mother, I never had courage I always fear her. Even if she tells me to jump off the cliff, I'll do it. She never like the girls who answers back. That's the reason I always tried to beobedient kid and not to get into her bad side.

"You Don't know anything sunoo, we know what is good for our kids and what is the right time to do marriage" She said in her stern voice. I sighed. I can feel the tears forming in my eyes. The excitement I had was long gone .I can't do anything, I'm hating the feeling of helplessness, which I've grown familiar with after all these years.

I'm feeling helpless about not fulfilling my dreams, about not living the way I want to, for not wearing the dresses I want to, for not studying in my dream college like I wanted to.

I wanted to study abroad and I received joining letter from my dream university in london, for which I worked hard day and night. Eomma didn't allow me, said girls should not go far from their house, the world is not safe for them. About my abeoji and oppa eonni they didn't want to send me far. No one noticed my pain of not having

what I worked hard for. I know they love me so much but they didn't realise that they crushed my dreams in the process.

"RUBY " I heard my mother's voice. I came out of my thoughts. I looked at her and realized that she is waiting for my answer. I know she won't like 'no' as an answer. So as always I obeyed.

"As you like, eommonim" Which made my mom smile.

"You wanted to say something" Abeoji asked. I released a shaky breath and shook my head