Prisoner

I gulp as I look at the building the address led me to. I have never seen this before, it's so big, I almost feel it about to swallow me. I never felt so small in my life.

I write my entry request.
"I'm doing research"
-DENIED-

Damn. This isn't as easy as I thought it would be....

"Hey, Anastacha! Would you do me a favor?"

"I'm helping the daughter of a good friend doing research for school"
>APPROVED<

Damn, this was easier than I thought.

I take Anastachas hand and walk through the strange floors. "Thank you" I say and see Anastacha nod. I'm a bit scared of boring her, but this seems to be worth it, just for today.

After a while of walking I still haven't found where they keep captured Doppelgängers. Suddenly, a man is approaching us. "May I help you two ladies?" he asks. I turn around and smile "Oh, thank you. We are doing well" I say, trying not to sound suspicious. The man raises his eyebrows "Are you, just maybe, looking for some captured Doppelgängers?" He asks, clearly expecting to hear a yes. "Would you be so kind to show us, Sir?" I answer.

We follow him. I can't help but notice the man look at Anastacha many times. I wonder why he does, but I assume it's just because it's rare to see children in here.

We find ourselves in front of a big door. He types random numbers and the door opens. I almost gasp as I see the big room.

"Welcome, here are some enclosures of the most interesting Doppelgängers we have captured.
I look around, struggling to contain my shock and my disgust. No, pull yourself together! In the end, I'm one of them, right?
I can only look at the horrifying sight of humans, except they aren't even human. Suddenly I hear a loud bang right next to me. I turn to see a creature that almost stepped out of my worst nightmares. It's eyes glowing, it's teeth big and sharp and it's face looking so evil, it makes a shiver run down my spine. I almost want to cry at the sight. My god, I'm horrible. In the end, if my mom wasn't human, I would look like this. The hideous creature stares at me as I slowly walk past it
"Don't worry, Miss, it can't escape. This is an especially aggressive specimen or whatever" the man says scarily calmly.
As I walk past everything, I see more and more hideous creatures, making me feel uneasy, yet a lot of guilt fills my heart.

We reach the last cage. My eyes widen as I see nothing in there, besides... a puddle of blood?! "Oh my god, what happened in there?" I ask. The man behind me sighs. "You see, in there the D.D.D. put a monster deemed as the most dangerous they have ever seen. Despite all safety measures, it was deemed too dangerous to keep, so they... ummm..." He suddenly gets quiet. I turn around to face the man and he looks oddly amused. I tremble in fear and don't even know why.

"They killed it?" I ask. He shakes his head. "No, No. The monster killed one of the workers and managed to escape, made it just in time" he says sternly. I nod and turn back to look at the mess. I sigh. I wonder if that was Jorekis. But suddenly I realize...

"Where is that Doppelgänger now?" I ask, close to panicking. "You should rather ask where that worker is now, Rika" he says and I turn around in shock.

I start breathing heavily, looking at the strange man in a lab coat. "Sir, isn't that dangerous? Letting people in while a worker has gone missing and a dangerous monster is free?"

"I wouldn't consider myself "free". Actually, nobody here knows I escaped" the man says. My brain is just slow, but soon reality hits me.

"You're slow, my Rika" he says. My eyes widen but I fall into his arms "Oh my Jorekis, I'm so so so so sorry" and begin crying. We hug each other tightly. I can't imagine letting go of my Jorekis.