My heart

Today, I'm pushing the button. I pushed the button many times before, but today I am risking it all, letting a Doppelgänger inside. Not just any, but my friend. We are friends. And I'm just a monster myself. And Francis is one, too and even grew up with them and... turns out Nacha is half monster too and that makes Anastacha... only a quarter human. Holy f-
Oh, Jorekis... why did you have to make things so chaotic?

_____________________________________________
I never thought I would fall in love. I am a monster, a creature that is feared and shunned by society. But everything changed when I met Marika.

It was a dark and stormy night when I first laid eyes on her. She was walking alone on the streets, her umbrella barely covering her from the pouring rain, on her way to that building. I couldn't help but feel drawn to her. As I got closer, I noticed that she was crying. A feeling of sadness washed over me.

Suddenly, she stopped in her tracks and turned to face me. I quickly hid behind a tree, not wanting her to see my true form. I possess the power to transform myself into anyone I want, and I often use this to hide my hideous appearance. I transformed into a handsome man, the type that I knew Marika would like. The same man the woman I married liked. They all like men like him.

She wiped away her tears and continued walking, not knowing that I was following her. I couldn't resist the urge to be near her. Something about her made me feel alive, and I wanted to know more about her.

I followed her until she reached her home, and I watched her from a distance. I knew it was wrong to invade her privacy, but I couldn't help myself. I was deeply in love with her, and I knew that I would do anything for her.

Days turned into weeks, and I continued to follow her. I learned that her name was Marika Nowakis, and she was a kind and compassionate woman. She worked as a doorwoman, protecting her kind. I was amazed by her selflessness and knew that I had to make her mine. I also remembered the Nowakis myth, where one of my kind successfully made it into the human world and was accepted, and even respected by society. And they made children, beautiful and strong children who got the best of both worlds.

One night, I mustered up the courage to approach her. I transformed into the same handsome man that she had seen on that stormy night. I walked up to her window and introduced myself in my own unique way, until one day, I told her who I really was and what I really knew. When I made her go on dates with me. And even if what I did wasn't right, it wasn't wrong either because this way we finally got close.

We started talking, and before I knew it, we had been talking for hours. I couldn't believe how easy it was to talk to her. She made me forget about my true identity, and for the first time in my life, I felt like a normal human being.

As the days went by, Marika and I grew closer. I couldn't believe that she was accepting me for who I am, even though I was a monster. She saw past my exterior and into my heart. At least I pretended like that was the case, but I knew then that I was deeply in love with her.

But I was constantly living in fear, afraid that she would discover my true form. I didn't want to lose her, so I continued to hide the monster I am from her. But she sensed that I was hiding something from her and she wanted to know what it was. She has the right to know, as my friend. But I'm such a coward...

One day, she asked me to show her my true form. I was hesitant at first, but she begged me to trust her. She said that she liked me no matter what. I couldn't resist her request, so I took her to a secluded place and transformed into my true form. After my energy was so low, I had no other choice. I simply can't hide forever...

As soon as she saw me, she gasped and covered her mouth with her hands. I could see the shock in her eyes, and I knew that she was repulsed by my appearance. Tears welled up in my eyes as I took the last energy I had somewhere and transformed back into the handsome man she knew.