chapter 13: tequila & prenups

"What are you doing?" Jackson asked as Sol rearranged a cheese platter for the hundredth time

"I'm trying to make the charcutchie board look like the one on Pinterest," she replied, placing a grape on the board. "It's not working."

"You mean, charcuterie?" Jackson chuckled, stepping closer to her and grabbing a strawberry before popping it in his mouth. "I think it looks great already. Besides, it's about enjoying the food, not how it looks."

Sol sighed, setting down the grape. "I know. I just want everything to be perfect," she admitted, looking up at Jackson with a sheepish smile.

Jackson wrapped an arm around her, pulling her close. "It already is perfect," he said, kissing her forehead. "And so are you."

Sol smiled, feeling a warmth spread through her. "Thank you, lovey," she said, leaning into his embrace. "I'm just so excited for tonight."

Jackson grinned, his eyes sparkling with excitement. "Me too," he replied, his voice filled with anticipation. "I can't wait to officially announce our engagement."

Sol's heart skipped a beat at the thought. "I still can't believe we're engaged," she admitted, a happy blush tinting her cheeks. "I feel like I'm floating on cloud nine."

Jackson leaned in, pressing a gentle kiss to her lips. "You and me both," he murmured against her mouth, his love for her evident in every touch.

Sol sighed, a hint of worry clouding her excitement. "I just hope Harriet takes the news well," she admitted, glancing at Jackson.

Jackson's expression softened with understanding. "She adores you, Sol," he reassured her, squeezing her hand. "I'm sure she'll be excited to have you as her bonus mom."

Sol smiled, grateful for his reassurance. "I just want her to know that I love her like my own," she said, her voice filled with sincerity. "Because I do."

"I know you do," Jackson replied, pulling her into a comforting hug. "And she knows it too. We'll make sure she feels loved and included every step of the way."

Just then, the doorbell rang, announcing the arrival of Catherine and Richard. Sol felt a flutter of nerves in her stomach.

As they entered, Catherine enveloped Sol in a warm hug. "Sol, my dear," she said, her eyes shining joyfully. "We're so excited for the new addition to the hospital. Richard told me all about your presentation.

Sol smiled, hugging Catherine back warmly. "Thank you so much, Catherine," she said excitedly. "I'm really glad you both could make it."

Richard nodded a proud smile on his face. "Your presentation was fantastic, Sol," he said, patting her shoulder. "I have no doubt the coffee cart will be a huge success."

Sol beamed at the praise, feeling a surge of confidence. "I hope so. We are very excited."

As Sol basked in the warmth of Catherine and Richard's praise, she felt a rush of gratitude for their support. Just then, the doorbell rang again, and Sol's heart beat excitedly. She knew it was Harriet, April, and Matthew.