·:*¨ 🕸 ¨*:·

~Chapter 02~

————
————

"Come on in bella, we won't bite."

"Speak for yourself."

"And by the way, sam's girlfriend.. no, fiancé now i guess. Don't stare at her, it bugs sam."

"Why would i stare?"

Embry and Jared walked into Emily's house, the scent of freshly baked muffins greeting them as they took their seats at the table. A woman with captivating black hair and satiny copper skin, greeted them warmly. As they indulged in the delicious muffins, hesitant Bella entered. Emily's gaze immediately fell on the brunette.

"Who's this?" Emily asked. "Bella Swan. Who else?" Jared responded, his mouth full of muffin.

Emily's eyes widened a little "Oh, so you're the vampire girl." she remarked. "And you're the...wolf girl." Bella replied awkwardly, shifting on her feet.

The room fell into a momentary silence, the tension palpable. Suddenly, Embry broke the silence, capturing everyone's attention. "So, Sam's thoughts were filled with those two new face bloodsuckers that stepped into our land." he stated.

Bella furrowed her eyebrows, already intrigued by the conversation. 'Two what? And what do you mean, Sam's thoughts?' she pressed, her curiosity getting the best of her.

Embry raised an eyebrow, a small amused smile playing on his lips as he chewed on his muffin. "Oh, about that. Me and the pack, we have telepathy. We can talk to each other through mind links and guess what? Obviously, we can hear each other's thoughts-"

Jared chimed in "Hey would you shut up? These are trade secrets, damn it! This chick runs with vampires!"

"You can't really catch up with them, because they're fast." she stated matter-of-factly, sounding a bit confident.

"But we're faster, freaked out yet?" Jared retorted with a smug smile.

Just then, Sam appeared, exuding authority and calmness. The two young boys immediately fell back into a respectful demeanor, as if nothing had happened. "She's good with weird." Sam said, referring to Bella before giving Emily a gentle kiss around her face and on her scars.

Bella froze on the spot. Swallowing hard, she mustered up the courage to speak because of her curiosity peaked. "Okay, so... about the two new vampires you're talking about..." she began, her eyes darting between Embry, Jared, and Sam.

Embry looked at Jared, Jared looked at Sam, both were glancing at him with a questioning look, wanting Sam the one to explain. Sam sighed "There were two vampires roaming in our territory." he said, his voice low and grave.

"I saw them while on patrol," Sam added, his tone laced with frustration. "The girl... she had the same curly hair like the redhead, just with different color." He paused, trying to describe her, Novaria. "And there was a boy with dark hair with her as well, but I couldn't make out his features clearly."

Bella's eyes narrowed as she remembered Laurent's words about Victoria having a younger sister. Before she could voice her thoughts, Paul, the hothead one, stormed into the room with a smirk on his face, and he sat down and glanced at bella

"Sorry." he said, grabbing a muffin from the table.

Just then, Jacob walked in as well, his eyes immediately fixating on Bella. He walked over to stand beside her and greeted her. After some light conversation and mild flirting with the brunette, Jacob suddenly turned serious as he faced the pack.

"I know what the redhead wants." he said firmly.

"And?" Jared asked.

Jacob took a deep breath before explaining, "It's revenge. Her mate was killed by the Cullens, and now she wants to avenge his death by going after Bella."

"And now we also have another problem," Jacob continued, his tone turning even more grave. "Sam here has been talking about the two new faces of leech in our land."

"Like i said." Embry said, pointing at bella and then at Sam. "Are they even that fast enough for you not to catch them, Sam?" Jared asked before chewing a muffin in his mouth.

Sam arched an eyebrow, his eyes scanning his pack members. "They really weren't particularly fast, but the girl had some kind of teleportation which was hard for me to catch."

"Teleportation?" Embry scoffed before adding with a chuckle "I'm impressed." Then Paul nudged him hard, causing Embry to winced lightly "Ow!!"

Jacob scowled at him. "It's not something to be impressed about, Embry. We need to focus on the bigger problem here."

Sam leaned against the counter, his expression grave. "I stopped chasing them when they crossed the river, crossing onto the Cullen's land. We can't break the treaty rules."

Bella fidgeted nervously, her mind racing with questions. "So, let me get this straight," she started, turning to face Jacob. "The redhead, Victoria is after me, right? And that girl Sam was talking about must be her little sister!" Her tone was getting a little desperate.

"Hm?"

"Huh?"

"You're crazy, since when did that leech had a sister?" Paul interjected and scoffed. The pack grew quiet, mulling over this new information. Even the hothead Paul became silent.

"That vampire you all killed the other day, Laurent," Bella began, breaking the silence. "In that m-meadow, he told me that Victoria has a little sister and is coming to Forks. It must be her already!"

"Well, kinda makes sense now." Embry said, exchanging looks with the pack. "What does she look like?" He smirked and turned his head to look at Sam.

"Seriously? You're really asking that now?" Jared nudged him, slightly amused.

"Why is that redhead so obsessed about her revenge?" Paul asked with a hint of sarcasm.

Jacob shook his head. "She's always been obsessed with getting revenge since they killed her mate. But now that her sister is here, she'll be even more determined."

Paul sneered. "Well, they're in for a surprise when they find out we're not just a bunch of dogs chasing our tails."

"Ease up Paul."

————