Vol1 Chapter 2

The scene opens up to show the students lined up in the auditorium.

"Ruby over here! I saved you a spot!" Yang yells out to Ruby as she waves at her.

"Oh! Hey, I gotta go! I'll see you after the ceremony!" Ruby says to Jaune as she goes to her sister.

"Hey, wait! Great. Where am I supposed to find another nice, quirky girl to talk to?" Jaune says as he walks away with a girl with red hair watching him.

"How's your first day going, little sister?" Yang asks Ruby

"You mean since you ditched me and I exploded!?" Ruby says as she crosses her arms and glares at Yang

"Yikes. Meltdown already?" Yang asks

"No, I literally exploded a hole in front of the school... there was a fire... and I think some ice." Ruby says

"... Are you being sarcastic?" Yang asks in a teasing voice.

"Ugh, I wish! I tripped over some crabby girl's luggage! And then she yelled at me! And then I sneezed. And then I exploded! And then she yelled again! And I felt really, really bad! And I just wanted her to stop yelling at me!" Ruby says as Weiss is seen behind her.

"You!" Weiss yells as Ruby jumps into Yang's arms.

"Oh god, it's happening again!" Ruby says

"You're lucky we weren't blown off the side of the cliff!" Weiss says

"Oh my god, you really exploded." Yang says surprised

"It was a accident! It was an accident! What's this?" Ruby says as Weiss holds up a paper to her.

"The Schnee Dust Company is not responsible for any injuries or damages sustained while operating a Schnee Dust Company product. Although not mandatory, the Schnee Family encourages their customers to read and familiarize themselves with this easy-to-follow guide to Dust application and practice in the field." Weiss says as Ruby zones out to her talking.

"Uhhh..." Ruby says

"You really want to start making things up to me?" Weiss asks

"Absolutely!" Ruby says

"Read this and don't ever speak to me again." Weiss says

"Look, uh... It sounds like you two got off on the wrong foot!" Why don't you just start over and try to be friends, okay?" Yang asks Weiss

"Yeah! Great idea, Sis! Hello, Weiss! I'm Ruby! Want to hang out? We can go shopping for school supplies!" Ruby asks as she holds her hand out for Weiss to shake.

"Yeah, and we can paint our nails, and try on clothes, and talk about cute boys like tall, handsome, beanie-wearing, and muscles over there!" Weiss says as she points to (M/N)

"Oh wow, really?" Ruby says excitedly.

"NO." Weiss says

"Sis I think that Schnee girl just called me handsome." (M/N) says while raising his eyebrows.

"You're a dork." Blake says rolling her eyes as (M/N) laughs

"Ahem... I'll keep this brief. You have traveled here today in search of knowledge. To hone your craft and acquire new skills. And when you have finished you plan to dedicate your life to the protection of the people. But I look amongst you and all I see is wasted energy in need of purpose, direction. You assume knowledge will free you of this but your time at this school will prove that knowledge can only carry you so far. It is up to you to take the first step." Ozpin says as he walks away and Glynda takes his place.