Present Chapter 1 Yellow Rose

In the shadows of your mind where the daylight fades

In the shadows of your mind where the daylight fades. A silent storm brews. Your soul drifts into a sea of gray losing yourself in the echoes of the past. The weight of those harsh whispers weighs heavy on your heart, which sheds invisible tears in the cacophony. While you are in the caverns of your soul you pray to the gods above to save you but they don't. The devil pities you for your fortune. He sheds his tears seeing your miserable self struggle to survive in this rat race. So he embraces you in the darkness whispering sweet words in your ear while you wither away slowly. You held onto those words, to him as an anchor. The pain and ice-cold hatred create a rope so harsh that it burns your hands while you hold onto it to save yourself from drowning in your sea of despair. The devil sits in your garden of thoughts covered with wilted and worn-out flowers, the land barren from the seeds of happiness and love. He picks up the thorns of anger and weaves them into a crown for you to wear, building a throne of loneliness for you to sit on and embrace the emptiness in your heart. And you walk to your throne wearing a cloak of your haunted past and jewelry adorned with heartbreak and betrayal. Sitting on the throne while the angels laugh at your misery and gods neglect you forgetting about your dreadful existence. You once again pray to gods to save you, to free you from all this. But oh my sweet sweet baby you are gone as far as stars in the sky.

At this point, you don't even know what you are. Were you born solely to play a character written by someone in this cruel play? Did you ever love anyone? Or you just acted like you did. But wouldn't that mean the tears you shed when your brother and Suguru died were fake? No, you cried for god knows how long when they left you, you felt a crippling pain in your throat and chest, while your gut twisted with emotions unknown to you. They couldn't all be an act, could they? You hope they weren't. Then what do you aspire to be in your life? To be honest you didn't think you would make it this far after losing Suguru the past year. But you remember, you remember that you never had a fixed goal. Your goals and aspirations kept on changing as you age, as you met and lost people in your life. You remember and can still to this day feel the pervasive sense of emptiness and numbness. You used to punish yourself to somehow make that feeling go away, and it did. But only for a moment only for it to strike you again with more power breaking you.

Now why haven't you asked for help or support? What a joke! How could you? Everyone has their fair share of problems to deal with, they certainly don't need to listen to your petty issues. And why tell them when you can protect them? I mean what they don't know can't hurt them right? You are being reasonable here, keeping your problems to yourself like a perfectly good girl. I mean what reasons do you even have to be so doleful? You have a perfect life, Satoru who loves you, and friends who like you. You have food, clothes, and shelter. What else do you even need? Nothing right? So why the fuck are you feeling like this? Or maybe is it you are feeling nothing at all.

"Fuck!" Cursing you stood up from your bed, where you have been laying for god knows how long. Checking the clock you groan, seeing it was 7 in the evening. Oh, how you wish to have perfect flawless skin like others. A dream that can never come true. Walking up to your bathroom, you switch the lights on, glancing at your reflection in the mirror. You see Suguru standing there for a split second. Your pupils dilate, your breath shaking and with clammy trembling hands, you touch your face. And just like that the image fades away. Leaving you alone in the bathroom, you wipe your hands off on your shorts fabric. Turning the tap on you collect a handful of water splashing it on your face.