𝟑𝟑. ( finally hers. )

SHE LOOKED BEAUTIFUL

SHE LOOKED BEAUTIFUL. As beautiful as ever — if anything, beautiful would be an understatement to how Isabel Park looked in her dress.

The fabric was blue — dark blue, like the midnight sky — and it was decorated with silver sparkles that coated the dress that shone under the light. Her jewelry was silver, just like the glitter, and her heels was the same shade.

Her hair was straightened and put into a half up—half down style with a flowy, black bow. Her eye make up was simple; black, winged eyeliner, mascara and white, shimmering highlighter in the corner of her eyes and her lip was a bold, crimson shade that complimented her features perfectly.

Never in Issy's life had she felt so... pretty. Her heart swelled with happiness and gratefulness. Finally, an outfit she'd looked forward to wearing and hoped would look good on her did. Her hopes and prayers came true.

"Issy," The girl heard her mother softly call out to her, opening her bedroom door to inform her daughter that her date — Jake Sim — was waiting for her, however before she got the chance to utter anything else, the women stood, awestruck, her jaw slightly dropped at the sight of her daughter.

"Oh, Issy..." Jihye breathed out, raising her arm to cover her mouth whilst heading over to the girl in the mirror. "You look beautiful." She complimented, hugging Isabel from behind — which only made an giggle escape her lips.

"Thanks, mum." She smiled, turning around to face her mother. "Thank you for everything."

Isabel watched as her mothers eyes glimmered with tears, her lip quivering as she placed her hands on the side of her daughters face; brushing her hair behind her ear as she nodded her head.

"I will always be here for you, Isabel, always. No matter what, okay?" The older women sniffled, causing Issy's eyes to well up also.

"Mum..." Isabel whined, pouting her lips and lifting her head to the ceiling. "You're going to make me ruin my makeup." She chuckled out, desperately trying not to allow the tears of happiness and love to fall.

"I can't help it, my daughter has grown up to be a beautiful young lady, not just the outside, but the inside also." She stated, warmly grinning at the girl. "Jake is so lucky to have you, Issy — now, come on, your date is waiting for you."

Instantly, Isabel felt a wave of her nerves fill her stomach at the thought of seeing Jake.

What if he didn't think she looked pretty?

She let out a sigh, clearing her mind to prevent her from overthinking, whilst she nodded her head, interlocking her fingers with her mother as they exited her bedroom and continued down the hallway filled with family portraits.