Safe House

It was about a couple hours later that I awoke from my deep slumber. Not sure what woke me up until I heard the voice of Maria Hill over the comms. Apparently we made the news and no one likes us anymore.

In my sleep muddled state, I realized I was still resting against Steve and sat up straight. I didn't know whether to apologize or not but looking around at everyone, I just stayed quiet. I can apologize later. Everyone seemed to be worse for wear and I didn't want to disturb the solemn silence.

"There's been no official call for Banner's arrest but it's in the air." Maria continued.

"Stark relief foundation?" Tony asked.

"Already on the scene." Maria assured, "How's the team?"

"Everyones... we took a hit." Tony replied, not knowing how to really answer that question, "We'll shake it off."

"Well for now, I'd stay in stealth mode and stay away from here." Maria said.

"So run and hide?"

"Until we can find Ultron, I don't have a lot else to offer." She replied.

"Neither do we." Tony said in defeat and ended the call.

Tony got up to take over the flying from Clint who refused, saying he was good for a little while longer. Out of all of us, he's probably the only one that didn't over do it. Apparently Clint knew of a safehouse he could take us too and we were only a few hours out.

As much as the idea of more sleep sounded nice, I was wide awake. Everyone else seemed to be as well but still in their own heads about things. The short reprieve Steve had when he first came out of it, seemed to sneak up on him again because I could tell he was deep in thought.

And Bruce... he just looked miserable. I'm not entirely sure what happened, though I'm sure I would find out soon. The fact that my dad had to deploy Veronica AND send out the Stark Relief Fund team, meant it wasn't a small mishap. I've never seen the team after a mission before but I'm pretty sure they've never been like this.

Just like Clint said, a few hours later, we were landing in a farm field in the middle of nowhere. Something about this didn't scream safehouse, it screamed home and it was beautiful. The field was wide and open but the farm was still surrounded by trees further than I could see. There was a wooden picket fence surrounding the yard to a modest home. There was an old pickup truck on the dirt driveway, leading up to an old barn that could use some TLC. It was the perfect family home.

Clint got off the jet first, helping Nat up the small hill toward the house. My dad, always the leader, followed after with Thor shortly behind. Steve and Bruce followed after and I brought up the rear. I'm not sure why I felt the need to be last but I just felt nervous for some reason.

"What is this place?" Thor asked as we all stepped onto the porch.

"Safehouse." Tony said in explanation.

"Let's hope." Clint said as he opened the door.

"Honey? I'm home!" Clint called out once we all entered the house. A very beautiful pregnant woman came around the corner, "Company... Sorry I didn't call ahead."

Clint kissed the woman on the lips and I heard my dad say she was an agent of some kind. He really doesn't like not knowing things, even small details such as a hidden family. I was now standing between Steve and Thor, surveying the homely living room.

"Everyone, this Laura." Clint introduced.

"I already know all of your names." She said with a little chuckle.