chapter 2

I did wake up in the night as the door creaked open, Alastor looking at me and closing it again, checking up on me. I fell asleep again, not thinking anything about it.
I woke up with a pounding in my head and intense heartburn.
I groaned as I woke up, not exactly realizing where I was, and basically tumbling downstairs.
"Darling? Is that you?" Alastor called out of the kitchen. I blushed at the nickname. I missed them, I missed his affection, warmth, comfort.... I missed him..
I smiled, stumbling into the kitchen.
"Hungover?" He asked, smiling.
"Yeah.." I said, putting my hand on my face.
"In the cabinet on the right, there are pills that help when hungover, take two, dear." He advised and gave me directions.
I opened the cabinet, just to find the pills on the top shelf. I groaned, only making my headache worse as I strained myself to reach for them.
Alastor chuckled, and came up behind me reaching for the pills.
I blushed a little bit.
"Here, fawn." That was a new one, I didn't mind it, to be honest. I liked it. My face got so red I had to run out.
He looked after me, he knew, that I didn't know that he knew. (Hehe, try to figure that one out)
I splashed the pills down with cold water, did my hygiene and came back.
"What'cha cooking?" I leaned over his shoulder, as best I could.
"Jambalaya."-A
"For breakfast?"-J
"Yeah." He said, adding salt.
"I'll eat anything you cook." I admitted walking away to go get dressed.
I came back in a blue housedress, simple but still nice.
"Come taste." He said holding out a spoon.
I tasted the future Jambalaya and decided it needs more salt.
"You sure about that salt?" I commented, subtly hinting at the lack of it.
"Needs more?"-A
"Yup."-J
"Alright, I trust you."-A
He never salted much, but this was so not salty, even for him. I doubt he even added more than a sprinkle to the whole pan.
Soon, it was served. It tasted delicious, as I scarfed it down.
I took both of our plates, and went to wash them.
"Darling, you don't have to do that." He got up, pushing his chair in.
"Well if I'm going to be staying here until my house is in a liveable state, I might aswell help around here."
He went up to his room, to go get dressed and go to work.
I turned on the water, turning the knob completely to the right, where the hot water was.
There was steam coming off of it.
As I started washing the plates, I got lost in my thoughts.
Completely ignoring that the water was boiling my hands.
'What will happen to the company? I know complete shit about wine other than that I like its taste. I need to get my aunt out here, she's an expert. She should be able to teach me the basics of making wine, I also need to change my address, I do not know how I will keep the legacy going. Altough my parents made millions, it wouldn't last too long with the prices risin-'
I got pulled out of my thoughts by Alastor, who quickly took my hands out of the scolding water, just then I started feeling the burn on my hands.
"Really?" He looked down at me, turned the water to cold, and sunk my hands in the stream of the icy water.
I hissed in pain, trying not to make a sound.
I looked away, he did look like he knew what he was doing.
After a minute or two, he turned off the water, dried off my hands very gently and put a bandage on them. They were ruby red from the almost boiling water.
I flinched at every touch of the process.
He noticed every single one.
"Be careful next time, fawn. We wouldn't want your hands to disintergrate."
He joked around.
I giggled at his jokes, I liked them.
He went off to work.
I decided to clean around the house, and soon found out the basement was locked.
'Who the hell locks a basement? What is he a murderer?" I thought to myself. Having to store whatever crap I needed to somewhere else, or find a key.
I soon found the key, pushing it into the keyhole and turning it to unlock the door. Just as I was about to open it, Alastor walked into the door.
He looked at me ,angrily.
I didn't think much of it, before he pushed me away and locked the door again. Then he proceeded to give me an earful about not going into the basement.
"Why were you going to the basement? You don't need to go there, It's messy in there." He raised his voice startling me a little bit, I never saw him this mad.
You could see a spark of fear in my eyes as he stepped closer, I backed up.
He stopped, noticing my expression.
"Did you see inside?" He asked, trying to calm himself.
His smile didn't drop, but it looked forced.
"No.. I didn't even get to open it." I put my hands on my upper arms, guilty. It was my fault in the first place.
"Do not go into the basement."
He emphasized, I didn't know why. Maybe he didn't want me to slip and fall in there.
"Look, it's moist, dark and honestly smells disgusting in there. I don't use the basement, and that's why it was locked. For a reason. You could get hurt in there"
He got closer, as I backed up again.
He looked into my eyes, I was still startled from his yelling.
"You know what, fine. I'm sorry, I didn't know." I picked up the basket of stuff and walked away. I bit afraid of him, I didn't know why, it was just a gut feeling that I ignored.
He calmed down completely.
"I apologize, I shouldn't have yelled." He admitted, following after me.
"No, Al. It's fine." I insisted.
"No, I shouldn't have raised my voice at yo-"
"I said it's fine, why don't you go back to work." I said as he picked up a stack of papers he forgot in the morning.
"Alright then. Bye, Darling~" he cooed before closing the door again.
I sat on the ground, my back against the wall.
'The look in his eyes, Jesus... he really doesn't want me in there.' I thought to myself.
I picked up the basket and decided to put the stuff into another guest room, before I figured out where to put it.
I plopped down on the couch, and put my arm over my face.
I fell asleep.... entering dreamland, or in this case nightmareland..
There was a tall sillouette of a man with a knife, walking towards me, in a thunderstorm. Lightning making its presence known.
I was honestly helpless, I didn't have anything on me I could use to defend myself.
The man ran over, and had me in a head lock. And put the knife to my throat.
"Oh, Judy~" the voice seemed familiar..
I tried getting out of his iron grasp, to no avail. Tears started forming in my eyes, rolling down my cheeks.
"Oh, darling~ don't cry..I can't stand seeing you cry.." he said, then I knew who the hell that was.. but before I could do anything, scream or protest. He sliced my throat.
"JUDY!"
I awoke, shooting up from the couch.
Alastor was crouched next to the couch.
Looking at me..