chapter 7

We ended up just getting out of the club before we could hear any of their bitchy complaints.
A few days passed, as I started getting symptoms of a flu.
I was sneezing, had high temps. And was tired all the time. My raspy breathing would annoy everybody else in the building. Grape vines would infiltrate the hotel and wilt as my flu got worse And my voice just sounded like two people talking.
One day, Al had enough. He picked me up, bridal style and brung me to my room.
He set me down on the bed, snapped his fingers, changing my dress to pyjamas and put the covers over me.
He summoned a thermometer, measured my temperature, and oh boy! Was it high.
"You shall be staying here until that flu is over."
He walked out of the door, locking it behind him.
"Hey! You can't just lock me in here!" I banged on the door.
"But I can!" He yelled infront of the door.
"Al, this isn't exactly humane.. I'm just a little sick, it will pass."
"When you confirmed you are ill, we all thought it was a cold, not the fucking plague." Alastor sounded angry, but amused at the same time. I didn't know how to react, so I just put my back against the door, and slid down it.
"Nghhhhhh" I groaned, in hopes of getting out.
"I apologize dear, but until your constant
Panting, sneezing, wheezimg, groaning and coughing stops, you shall not enter the rest of the hotel." He informed me, through the door.
He was right, the constant sounds that came from my lungs were almost horror like.
"I will bring you some tea, dear." He walked away.
I hated being locked away, I hated the thought of being alone, again...
I guess that was what caused my depressions in the first place, the loneliness, the lack of presence in our house.
I laid down, turning my back against the door, my eyelids were getting heavier and heavier, but I quickly woke up when Alastor unlocked the door.
"Tea is served.~" He cooed as he set it down.
"Dear, if you stay in this room, I shall leave it unlocked. Hell, you can even have the door wide open, just stay here.." He leaned over me, putting one arm over me, supporting himself.
"Yeah, sure... I just don't want to be alone.."
"Deal?" He stuck out his hand.
"Deal." I shook it.
It wasn't an official deal, no aura, no magic involved.
Just a good word from the both of us.
"I shall leave this door open, so that you could have fresh air in here. And contact with civilization.." he joked around.
"Thanks.."-J
"Drink the tea." He sternly advised me.
"Yup."-J
"Or I will personally shove it down your throat."
"Well I wanna see that." I laughed
"I will check on you in an hour, make sure that that tea is gone."
"Yeah, yeah." I said, flipping on my stomach, pulling out my phone.
Even though I was from the 30' I adapted to modern tech. Alastor didn't.
I scrolled on Latergram (lame, i know XD)
Velvette posted about Valentino and Vox both sick, the same stuff I had.
That sick fuck, blew those germs in my goddamn face. I will buy one of those moth lamps and scare him with it.
An hour passed, the tea still intact.
Alastor walked in, the door was spread wide open. And that tea was already cold, colder than my dead body.
"Darling....."
He sounded threatning, making me sit up. I was not capable to take care of myself.
"Hey, Al....."
"What. Did I say. About. The goddamn tea?"
"That you'd shove it down my throat..." I let out a nervous chuckle.
"Drink." He knew that it was cold, but it was precious tea.
"Yup." I grabbed the cup, and chugged the tea, whole.
Vaggie walked in along with Charlie.
"Well Charlie... give it to her." She pushed Charlie forward.
"So... I went out and got you this cough sirup. Maybe, if it worked, you could set foot out of this room."
She nervously put the sirup on my nightstand.
"Oh hell naw."-J
"What, why?"-V
"I hate these things, these sirups are the worst thing in existence and all of creation." I sat back on the bedframe.
"Please.."-C
"Your coughing has been annoying us even though you're in here."-V
Angel dust came over, now Alastor, Vaggie, Angel dust, Charlie and me were in my room. Husker came over after angel, Niffty on his shoulder.
"Come on, just take the medicine. It won't kill ya'" Husker nagged.
"No, it tastes bad, doesn't work most of the time and is honestly disgusting."
I protested. I knew why I didn't want to take that shit, that fucked me up the most when I was alive. When I couldn't sleep, I would drink these by the bottle.
And I never want that taste in my mouth ever again.
"What's so wrong wit' takin' just one dose?" Angel joined them. I understood why they wanted to shove it down my throat so bad. I was coughing like crazy and it was bothering me too.
"Judy, please.." Charlie begged
"No! How many times do I need to say this? I will not take this goddamn siru- wait why is it open?" I looked over to the nightstand, just to see it opened.
Turns out, that that radio son of a bitch took that little plastic syringe and filled it to the brim with the medicine, and while I was distracted, he got up on the bed behind me. Waiting for the perfect moment.....
Then I did notice that it was open, and stopped in my tracks.
"Alastor now!" Charlie yelled out.
I looked at her with a betrayed look in my eyes.
I felt Alastors hand turn me around and grab me by the face.
That bitch shoved that entire dose of medicine down my throat, then dropped the little plastic syringe and all of them braced.
Nobody knew if I was gonna lash out, or break down.
Alastor probably told them about my addiction to these. So there was no point in lying.
That shit got shoved down my throat, by my own husband, who knew why I didn't want to. I felt a bit betrayed, sad. I mean, I was coughing so loud that it could be heard echoing in the hotel, I will say that much. But shoving something down my throat was unnecessary.
I breathed in, looked down and turned my head a little.
"You...... mother-"
"Who wants dinner?" Niffty interrupted my sentence before I could say anything I would regret.
They all got out of my room, with chants of relief and hunger. As I sat down on my bed. I was addicted to these for such a long time when alive, and he helped the through it. I don't know why he shoved it down my throat so violently. He looked angry while doing it too..
I was a bit hurt, emotionally. But I did understand that it was getting annoying.
I teared up remembering how insufferable was the nagging when I was alive, my brain would constantly just reject sleep until I drank the whole bottle.
After about 10 minutes, Alastor came back into my room.
And just stood there, leaning on his cane.
"What do you want.?" I wiped my eyes.
"I know, darling. But there was nothing else to be done, I -"
"What do you mean by nothing!? Just because Charlie brought in a sirup didn't mean that we couldn't have explained why I don't want it."
I threw my arms around a little bit, interrupting his sentence.
This flu was getting the best of me.
"Dear, please understand that I was doing this mainly for you.."
I looked down, dissapointed in him.
"How could you have done this for me, when I protested for a reason? When I could be battling addiction again? Is that for me, or for the rest of you to have a peaceful evening?"
He breathed in to say something, but didn't. He just breathed out again and walked out.
"Al, wait!" I got up from the bed.
"Yes, dear?" He turned around, he looked fine now.
"Can you take the bottle? Atleast I won't be tempted.." I handed him the bottle, he took it.
"Do you want me to hide it?" He asked, he knew that when I wanted something, I would get it. No matter the cost, especially when I was addicted to it.
"Yeah, thanks." I went back into my room, and laid down.
I was getting sleepy again, and soon found out that it was 6 p.m. already, so I just went to sleep.
At around 2 a.m. I woke up, with a nag for another dose..
Fuck me...
I had just an insane amount of energy, and was shaking. There was a battle between my brain and me. I didn't want another dose, since I was still coughing a little after. But my brain, that thing wanted it so bad.
My want for it was stronger than my despise for it.
I ran out of my room silently around the rooms.
And first went to the bar, where nobody was, it was the first place I would search.
I searched in the alcohol, cups and on the counter, but nothing.
'I just hope he didn't hide it somewhere in his shady magic or some shit'
I searched the kitchen, where Niffty helped me. Not really getting the situation I was in, she thought it would be good to help.
I thought maybe in the first aid kit, nothing.
Maybe ANYWHERE else other than his room.
It turned out to be the only place where he could hide it..
I opened the door to his room, not making a sound.
He was sound asleep, and that was a surprise.
The bottle of that magical sirup was on his nightstand. What an original hiding place. Well.... I did search there last..
I carefully reached for it, just as my fingers grazed the bottles cap, he groaned and turned around. Making me pull my hand back.

'This isn't right...'
I thought to myself, but the craving was becoming stronger by the second.
I quickly snatched the bottle, and ran back to my room.
I changed out of the dirty nightwear and into a white tee and grey shorts.
When I turned around and picked up the bottle, I saw a shadow in the window.
I knew it might've been Al.
But did I care?
No, not at all.
The addiction came back, with just one dose. And I was about to drink the entire bottle. That was almost full, maybe about 20 doses.
I stood infront of my bed, holding the bottle in hand.
I got through the child safety lock and looked out of the window one more time.
The shadow nowhere to be found.
Then I realised that I was just stalling, but when I turned around. Lightning scared the shit out of me.
I just drank the entire bottle and passed out a couple minutes later.

"TOOTS ,WAKE UP!!" Someone was shaking the shit out of me. As I was laying knocked out on the floor.
Charlie was crying into Vaggies shoulder as Alastor was kneeled down next to my face. And Husker was comforting Niffty.
Angel dust was on top of me, shaking the actual hell out of me. Tearing up, and angry. All of them still in pajamas.
I gasped in air, as I sat up. He was still holding me by the collar.
"Do you know how much you scared all of us?" Alastor sounded mad, he picked up the bottle, and picked me up by the shirt, as he pushed me against the wall.
"How many fingers am I holding up?" He sternly asked.
"I'm not high, and I don't have glasses."
He put his hand down.
"You're getting pills next time." Vaggie commanded.
"How did you even....?" Alastor was confused as to how I even got it.
"I found it.." I admitted.
"It was on my nightstand." He was still confused.
"Okay, look. We know that being addicted to something's rough, but this was really over the fucking line."
Husker joined in.
"Look, when you're craving something, you don't care where or how you get it. I had an advantage in my alcoholism, and that was my company. And I experimented with alot of types of drugs and pills. And this awfully sweet shit was the only thing that would work my sleeping schedule. I'm sorry.."
I apologized, trying to excuse my non existent manners and intense craving.
"Just..... don't do it again. You shall not be getting more." Alastor advised and informed.
I was ready just to leave this situation behind.
"Who wants jambalaya?" He chanted out as everybody left my room, including me.
He started talking about his mother, who made the best food ever.
We ate breakfast, my cough didn't return.
We told ourselves that I was healthy, and wanted to have fun. Up on earth...
Alastor had his contacts, as he managed to get us back on earth.....