The-Start

Peridots Pov-

I had just walked into my dorm, and I looked around for a momment. Once I finished looking around, I saw that we had bunk beds, I began to think about which one I'd want, and I chose the bottom bunk. I set my suitcase next to the bed, and I grabbed my phone and put in my headphones, listened to vampire by johnnie gulibert,  (click the youtube video if you wanna listen!<33) and put the volume pretty loud.

After a while, i felt somebody tap me on the shoulder, and I jumped and squealed. I turned around and took my headphones off, and started at the girl who tapped my shoulder. Then she said sorry for startling me. We both stayed silent for a few seconds till we both realized we could hear my music from my headphones, I forgot to turn the music off. "..Oh- whoops, sorry.." That was real embarrassing, but I'm not ashamed of listening to johnnie guilbert. I grabbed my phone and turned off the music. I looked back up at the girl, and I noticed she had short blue hair and a blue crop top with a black zip-up jacket, then she spoke up.

"...wait hold on.." I looked up at her face with a confused look, and she said something again. "Where... where you listening to johnnie gulibert?!-.." I thought she would make fun of me for that.. "y-yes?.. is that a probl-" I was suddenly cut off by the bluenette. "I LOVE JOHNNIE GULIBERT!!!" The bluenette seems very excited, most likely because we share the same music taste. After she said that, I just stood there, since she said that a little loud. "Oh.. heh, my bad, I don't really meet too many people who listen to him.." she said this while she put her hand on her neck. "Its-its fine.. I'm peridot, by the way.."  "Im lapis! Lapis lazuli" When the bluenette told me her name, I perked up a bit and thought for a second, then I spoke up. "Your mom named you after a gemstone, too? I thought it was just me and a few other friends.."

Lapis's pov-

Yea, I don't know why, honestly.. who are your other friends, by the way? I waited for the blonde to reply. Then she did. "Garnet, pearl, and amethyst, I'm not too close to them since we met a few months ago." Those names were super familiar to me. "Hey, no way! I know them too! I think we will be pretty good friends peridot!" I said, smiling. "yea.. we will." I noticed the change of tone in peridots voice when she said this, it kinda hurt a little and I wanted to ask what was wrong, but before I knew it her headphones were back in, and she continued to set her things up, so I decided to do the same.

After that, things were pretty awkward between us. I was kinda glad we had bunk beds, so I wouldn't really need to make eye contact at the time, so I was just on my bed scrolling through my social media's, then I got a text form the group chat with garnet, pearl, and amethyst. Pearl had texted and asked for all of us to go meet at the café together. Everyone had agreed, and I climbed down from my bed and told Peridot I was heading down to meet some friends.
"Oh.. okay.."

Peridots pov-

Lapis saying we will be good friends kinda upset me. Last time sombody said that to me we got in a huge fight and never talked to eachother again after that. So I just turned around and put my headphones back in, and went back to setting my things up.

Then, on the corner of my eye, I saw lazuli set up her stuff. Then go up on her bed. After about 20 minutes, we had both settled down, and then lapis started to get down from her bed and grabbed a bag. "I'm gonna head down and meet some friends." Hearing that made me kinda sad for some reason I don't get. "Oh.. okay.." Then the door shut.

After a bit, I was thinking about lazulis' tone when she said she was leaving, I probably made her upset for some reason.. I thought about what and how I said, "Yeah.. we will." But I never told lapis why I said it like that..

Lapis's pov-

I walked out the door and headed down to the café. I started to look around for it, but I found myself getting lost. I then called Pearl since she was pretty good at explaining things. Once she picked up the phone, I asked her how to get there, and then she explained.

After a while of her explaining, I finally found my way there and sat down at a booth next to a window. I said hi to everyone there, and then, in the corner of my eye, I saw somebody familiar. Jasper quartz.. amethysts sister.. eventually, I was caught staring at her by garnet, then she spoke up, "Is everything alright, lapis?" I stopped looking at jasper and back to Garnet."Oh!- y-yea, I'm fine, sorry.." Garnet then looked over where I was looking, then noticed jasper standing in line waiting for a to go order. "Ahh.. I see..." I then looked down at the menu and started looking at what I would want to possibly get. Then I just settled on a coffee instead of a snack or something.

Then Amethyst spoke up. "So, how are yalls roommates?!-"  Garnet said her roommate was malachite, and she said it was fine. Amethyst was roommates with pearl, and then it was my turn to share about mine. "My roommate is peridot.. she said she knows yall but not too well, though.. she seems kinda nerdy, but we haven't said too much to each other, so that's about it.."

I looked up at everyone else, and then Pearl spoke up. "Oh, Peridot? Yea, we hung out with her a few times, not too much, so yea, we don't really know her at that wel-." Then suddenly she was cut off by amethyst. "You should invite her over her lapis!" I thought about it for a momment. "Eughh... I dunno, she seemed kinda upset at me.."

Garnet looked up at me. "Hm, how come?.." "Well.. I found out she also listens to johnnie gulibert, but after awhile of talking a bit I then said we might be pretty good friends, then she sounded kinda upset after i said that, then she said "yeah.. we will" pearl and amethyst shrugged. Then Amethyst said something. "..Well I don't know to much about peri, but me and her were the closest, the only thing I know well about her is that she had an old friend who said the same thing, then they never saw eachother again so maybe thst just reminded her of that friend?-" "Hmm.. y-yea, I guess you're right!.."

After amethyst said this it kind of gave me a little reasurence that I didn't fuck up at all, but then that also helped me get to know her better.

                        -Time skip.-

Lapis's pov-   After about 30 minutes of talking, everyone decided it was time to head back to their dorms, then garnet said somthing to me just before we all soad bye to eachother. "Hey.. and if things don't go right between you and peridot, you always got us!" Then walked away. *man.. I love my friends..* I thought.

I began walking to my dorm and put the keys in, only to find the door was already unlocked. I opened the door and saw that peridot was on her laptop typing something.

I climbed up to my bed and went on my phone for a bit.

--Hey yall! Right now I'm in my car and I gotta finish this chapter up since my phone is currently on 2% lmaoo. Anyway gtg bye lapidot fans!!<333--