Chapter 7

"A proposition, sir?" Cloud asked, a frown on his face and unable to stop himself from leaning in. He was feeling rather unsure about what it could be exactly and felt wary. The general might have decided that Cloud knowing about him being a little was not wanted and might try to get him out of the soldier program.

"Yes. You see, you are a caregiver," Sephiroth said, feeling the smallest of blushes appear on his face when he realised what he was going to ask, but he continued anyway. The problems he was recently having were too much to simply ignore, "and I am a little."

"Yes sir," Cloud said after the tall man in front of him fell silent, "uhm, so what does it mean?"

"It seems that I am without a caregiver for the moment," Sephiroth said, trying to think about his words, "and seeing me being a little is very classified, I was wondering, for the exchange of private lessons and tutoring, you might be willing to sacrifice a couple of hours of your time."

"Private lessons and tutoring? For babysitting you?" Cloud asked, the offer sounding almost miraculously good. He could learn from the great war hero himself and could curb some of his caregiver's instincts at the same time.

"Yes," Sephiroth said, his cheeks having completely fired up when Cloud said the term, "are you agreeable to it?"

"I...yes, I think I would be very agreeable to it," Cloud said, and Sephiroth nodded, glad that his prowess had seemed to convince the cadet without too many problems.

"That's good. I would think the weekends would do," Sephiroth said, and Cloud nodded eagerly, looking forward to begin with it, "Saturday you can come over in the afternoon. That way you still have leave, and we can still spend some time with me in headspace, and the rest of the time I can tutor you. Any questions?"

"Uhm, about your headspace, sir. What are your favourite toys and preferences?" Cloud asked, making Sephiroth blink in confusion.

"Toys and preferences?" the general asked, not getting the question Cloud was asking.

"Yes sir. Uhm, I'm not really good with cloth diapers. I could bring some disposable over as well, if you don't mind. And I didn't find any toys last time," the caregiver asked, already thinking about the necessary items, "and for food, there was only the bar..."

"I normally diaper myself," Sephiroth said, the flush visible on his cheeks, "and I keep occupied without toys. For food, I'll make sure there is enough in supply."

"Diaper yourself? Not when you're in headspace, right?" Cloud asked.

"I'll make sure I'm in correct attire before I drop," Sephiroth said hurriedly, starting to feel flustered and having second thoughts about a caregiver. But he couldn't keep on wetting the bed, or risk falling into headspace without control.

"Okay, that sounds good sir. I'll see you this Saturday," Cloud said, seeing the way the man seemed to be more flustered then he ever saw him before. He guessed that he must not be used to talking to anyone about being in headspace.

"Good. You should know that you just need to be near when I'm in headspace. Nothing more," Sephiroth said, "and I'll make sure to make you the best cadet we have ever seen."

"Yes sir. Thank you sir," Cloud said.

"You can go back to the rest of your group," Sephiroth said, getting up himself and holding the door open, "this is the key to my rooms. And don't forget, top-secret.

"Top secret sir, understood," Cloud said, pocketing the keycard and already looking forward to the weekend.

The rest of the week seemed to go slowly for Cloud. All the rest of his group seemed to wonder what the general wanted with him, and he could only repeat top-secret so often. Still, he let them pester him, and dutifully repeated the words until one of their superiors came over.