"Chapter 13: "Cat got your tongue"

“Your Highness, we must prepare for battle. Who knows what the Xaena Empire will do?” General Hakkil exclaimed. The other officials went to the Dukedom as a new war is arising between the Xaena Empire and Rakish Kingdom.

“Xaena Empire are known for their newly invented machineries. As the General said, we must prepare.” the Duke said.

“How is the training, Fleuvan Troop’s Leader?” the Duke turned his attention to the Fleuvan Troop. Yuel and Hyacinth are the representatives.

“It is going well, Your Highness. With the help of Lady Guillermo, the training process is going smoothly.” Yuel answered. Some officials gave Hyacinth unpleasant looks, showing that they are underestimating Hyacinth.

These old geezers, Asha, why them?’ Hyacinth thought as she noticed the other officers looking at her weirdly. She misses Asha so much that she wants to go home. Unfortunately, she don't know how.

“Lady Guillermo, you are a beauty but you are not fit to be a member of Fleuvan Troop.” an official said to Hyacinth, even worse, infront of the Duke.

“Official Daniar, Lady Guillermo is a achery virtuoso. She out of all people is qualified to be a member of the Fleuvan Troop.” an official defended Hyacinth. Hyacinth mentally thanked that official.

Meanwhile, the Duke is trying to calm himself, glaring at Official Daniar. He is trying not to kill him on the spot.

“Virtuoso or not, you know women are. They would do anything to be with men or you so say, harlots.” Official Daniar said and the other officials laughed.

The Duke couldn't take it anymore and stood up. He grabbed the Official by the collar and quickly got his dagger behind him. The Duke’s eyes were burning in rage.

How dare he insult my woman.’

Dean and the other officials calmed the Duke while Official Daniar stood in shock and was scared to death.

“You do not have the right to talk about that to your future duchess and my woman.” the Duke shouted. The officials in the room were shocked by the sudden declaration. Others were delighted that the future duchess is Hyacinth while the others disagree.

“Surely you had made a mistake, Your Highness. A Barbarian shouldn't be a Duchess of such Empire as Deluvan. Please reconsider, Your Highness.” Official Daniar spoke again.

How stubborn.’ Dean thought. Before the Duke could kill the Official, Hyacinth stood up.

“Without me, the Dukedom would have lost a lot of villages. I may be known as a Barbarian but truth be told, this Barbarian helped in saving all of you. You do not think that I qualify being a member of Fleuvan Troop? Let us go to the training grounds, let us see if I really don't qualify as a member.” Hyacinth said with authority. Official Daniar was insulted. The Duke looked proud.

That’s my girl.’

“Furthermore, please give your son a tutor on how to hold a bow and hit a target. He is having a hard time doing archery. A liability like your son shouldn't be in the battlefield.” Hyacinth said and walked out. Hyacinth also hated the Official’s son, he also underestimated Hyacinth.

Now that is what i call GIRL POWER!’ Hyacinth thought and walked with confidence.

Meanwhile in the Meeting Room, the Duke also stood up and decided to go to Hyacinth for some fresh air but before that...

“I have warned you through my actions that you should keep your mouth shut but instead you defied me. As punishment, your tongue will be cut off and you will be removed from your position.” the Duke declared.

“Men, take him away.” the Duke said and walked out.

“NOO!!! LET GO OF ME!!! PLEASE FORGIVE ME YOUR HIGHNESS!!! I AM BEGGING YOU!!!” Official Daniar shouted while being pulled away by the guards. As his shouts become distant, the officials slowly left the room, scared.