Chapter 19: "Semi-Prophecy"

Morning arrived and Hyacinth can't help but think about what happened yesterday. She had a blast and hopes that Sébastien did, too. She went outside her room and witnessed how the maids scatter panickly around the West Annex.

“What’s going on?” Hyacinth asked.

“My lady, the Emperor himself along with the Empress and the Crown Prince are visiting the Dukedom for the victory won.” a maid replied and quickly got back to work.

The Emperor? In person?!’ Hyacinth paced round and round, worried of what might happen.

“Oh look, Lady Hyacinth didn't clean herself yet.” Hyacinth turned around and saw Ayhra and Beatrice, all dressed up. They look at her smuggly.

“I know, right? She is going to show herself to the Royal Highnesses like a Barbarian.” They both laughed and went outside the annex with confidence, in a bad way.

“Do not pay attention to them, Lady Hyacinth. I am sure you weren't notified, noticing your current state.” Giannis smiled at Hyacinth. She wore a green victorian gown paired with emerald jewelries.

“Oh yes, I wasn't notified. You look very gorgeous, Lady Giannis.” Hyacinth chuckled which made Giannis chuckle also.

“I was just notified in the last minute.” Giannis faked whispered and they both laughed a little.

“Let’s get inside your room, we don't have time to waste.” Giannis said and Hyacinth opened the door for Giannis.

Giannis and her maids helped Hyacinth dress up. Hyacinth didn't brought any maids since more of a independent person. Hyacinth wore a magnificent blue victorian gown paired with lapis lazuli jewelries. Hyacinth’s purple eyes really complemented her outfit.

Giannis and the maids stood in shock how beautiful Hyacinth is. They never thought that the rumored Barbarian was such a beauty, more of a Goddess or an angel sent from the heavens.

“You look gorgeous, Lady Hyacinth!” the maids praised.

Hyacinth scratched her nape at the sudden compliment out of embrassment. She lightly smiled and looked at herself in the mirror.

I do look beautiful.’ Hyacinth thought.

“Come now, Lady Hyacinth. We must make haste, the Royal Highnesses will arrive soon.” Giannis said and they walked much faster.

When they went inside, there were officials around the hall and the Duke sitting on the side. Hyacinth noticed that inside of one throne, there were three.

Must be for the Royal Highnesses.’

Giannis led Hyacinth to the seat beside the Duke. The Duke was staring at Hyacinth for a long time or should we say he stared at Hyacinth ever since she arrived. Even the officials stood in awe.

“My ladies, you look gorgeous today.” The Duke complimented the candidates.

“Oh, Your Grace, you are such a flatterer.” Beatrice fake smiled.

Plastic-y person.’ Hyacinth thought.

The Duke shifted his gaze to Hyacinth.

“You look really gorgeous in blue, Lady Hyacinth. Perhaps I should I buy you more blue jewelries and dresses.” The Duke said that made Hyacinth blush. She tried to regain her senses but to no avail, she just looked down and answered “thank you”.

Hyacinth felt to humiliated, thinking that this is all the Duke's fault. The Duke smiled at how adorable Hyacinth is. Beatrice and Ayhra was jealous and looked at Hyacinth with deadly glares.

A sound of a trumpet was heard and Hyacinth immediately looked up.

They have arrived.’

All of the people in the hall stood up and Hyacinth followed.

“Welcome the arrival of the Emperor and Empress of the Deluvan Empire!”

“Long Live the Empire’s Morning Glory!” The people bowed and greeted the rulers.

Must be their customs.’

One must not look at the Rulers before they sat on their thrones. This only applies on special meetings or celebrations involving the Rulers of the Empire.

When the Emperor and the Empress sat down, all of the people in the hall also sat down.

“I am much delighted to be able to visit the Fleuvan Dukedom. I heard about the improvement made so far and I am glad that I have got to witness it myself. Well done, Duke Seteliz.” The Emperor said, smiling proudly at the Duke.

“I see that the Duke already have chosen candidates for the ‘Duchess’ title. The Duke would not mind right if the candidates introduce themselves to the Emperor and Empress.” The Empress said with a smile out of excitement.

“Very well, Your Majesty.” The Duke replied and gave the candidates a look and the candidates introduced themselves.

“They are gifted with beauty, Duke Seteliz. You have quite an eye for ladies gifted with such beauty.” The Emperor teasingly smirked at the Duke. The Duke shrugged it off with a smile.

Meanwhile, the Crown Prince was staring at Lavelie, fascinated to the beauty which Lavelie holds. Hyacinth noticed this and look at Lavelie and smirked.

Seems like Lavelie will be the future Empress of the Deluvan Empire. I know she'll be the Best Empress EVER!’ Hyacinth excitedly thought.