Chapter 22: "Tyrant?"

“Your lips are tempting me, Lady Hyacinth? What should we do?” the Duke said while bringing his face closer to Hyacinth.

Hyacinth brought her face closer to the Duke.

“Kiss me then, Yreen.” Hyacinth tempted. She thought that the Duke would never kiss her, thinking that the Duke loves Ayhra.

To her surprise, the Duke immediately kissed Hyacinth.

She immediately kissed back, hugging his neck to bring him closer. The Duke’s hand travelled from her face, to her neck, and to her waist.

They deepened their kiss and their tongues collided. They pulled away, catching their breaths. Hyacinth thought it was over but the Duke suddenly carried her and sat her on the table, while passionately being very intimate with her.

Only the books know what happened in the library.

At the dinning hall, they had their fill and the candidates immediately went to the annex.

On their ways, Beatrice and Ayhra went to Beatrice’s room. Lavelie found this suspicious but just shrugged it off. As per usual, Giannis disappeared unnoticed. Before Hyacinth can enter her room, she saw a shadow walking in her room and this can be seen on the gap between the door and the floor.

Seems like I have a visitor.’ Hyacinth clutched at the dagger hidden in her skirt and slowly opened the door.

She carefully went inside and as expected, the assasin immediately attacked her on the back. Little did he know that Hyacinth was already expecting her and slammed him on the floor. She placed the dagger on the assasins neck and tightly held the assasins arms.

The assasin was physically strong but Hyacinth held him firm. She knocked him off so that he would stop his restraint.

“AN ASSASIN!!!!!” Hyacinth shouted, alarming the knights. They immediately went to Hyacinth’s room and saw the assasin knocked out on the floor with Hyacinth on top of him, holding a dagger on his neck.

In just a flash, the Duke already arrived in Hyacinth’s room. Worried, he immediately went to Hyacinth, checking if she was hurt. He sighed and relief and looked at the assasin and released a blood-like colored aura.

“Take him away. I will take care of him.” The Duke ordered and the knights dragged the assasin down. He looked back at Hyacinth and hugged her.

“I am so glad you are okay. Call the physician!” the Duke said.

“I am fine, Yreen. I knocked him off, remember?” Hyacinth lightly chuckled.

“Greetings, Your Grace.” Lawrence said, the Duke’s personal physician.

“Oh? Lawrence!” Hyacinth exclaimed.

“Nice to see you again, Yaci! W-wait.. why is their blood on you hands?” Lawrence’s aura changed. He looked mad.

“Do not worry HAHAHA An assasin just broke into my room but I knocked him off!” Hyacinth said. Lawrence checked her if she got serious injuries and in the corner, the Duke stared at them.

How can she act so happy if Lawrence is around?’

“Ehem, I believe you are done?” The Duke cutted them off.

“Oh yes, your wound is all wrapped up and you are as good as new, Yaci!” Lawrence happily said and packed his things.

“Thanks, Lawrence!” Hyacinth smiled.

As they both bid their goodbyes, the Duke followed Lawrence.

“Remember the time when I ordered my knights to torture the gardener just because he ruined what's mine in that garden?”

Lawrence stopped walking and turned back at the Duke with a smile.

“Oh yes, Your Grace. It was the talk of the castle for weeks.” Lawrence replied.

The Duke walked towards Lawrence and put his hand on his shoulders. Lawrence glanced at the Duke’s hand and went back to the Duke’s eyes which is currently releasing the darkest aura ever seen. The Duke put his mouth closer to Lawrence ears.

“If you do not want to be like that gardener, I suggest you stay away.” the Duke said in the coldest voice ever. The Duke patted Lawrence’s shoulder and said his last words before saying goodbye.

Lawrence looked at the Duke with fuming eyes.

‘I really suggest that you will stay away’
These words from the Duke ran around Lawrence’s head. Lawrence clenched his hands and gritted his teeth out of anger and walked away.

Bloody Tyrant.’ Lawrence cursed.