Chapter 20: "Rebellion"

As the Dukedom celebrated with the Emperor, the Waseihn Manor was planning something sinister. Soldiers yield and sharpen their swords, blacksmiths from dark backgrounds forged swords with fatal poisons on it with MSW engraved on the blades.

“How are the preparations?” Marquess Savis asked.

Marquess Savis Waseihn and the other nobles planned a rebellion against the Emperor. They were loyal to the former Emperor and they didn't liked how the current Emperor's ruling,  especially that the current Emperor is known for it's incompetency and dullness when he was just a child.

“The other assasins agreed, Master. But they have a condition.” Marquess Savis’ spy said.

“Then tell me, Walter. What is their condition?” The Marquess looked at Walter.

“They are asking for the head of the Duke, Master.”

“Well, that is not a problem, is it? I have the notorious assasins by my side, it will be an easy job.” The Marquess shrugged and laughed evilly.

“Fetch me a courtesan, I am in a mood for some fun.”

Walter nodded and bowed. In his way, he came across Marchioness Daina.

“Greetings, Marchioness Daina.”

“Say, the Marquess ordered you to fetch him a courtesan again?” the Marchioness said with a very dark expression. The Marchioness released a very dark aura which made Walter freeze. The Marchioness’ clan is known for their dark auras, passed down from generations to generations.

“Y-yes, Your G-grace.” Walter stuttered.

“Ha... I almost feel bad about the courtesans. After they give him what he wants, he will just slit their necks off.” The Marchioness exhaled. She was getting tired of their marriage but had to stay strong for their son. She didn't want to be any part of this rebellion either.

“I must get going now, Your Grace.” Walter said and Marchioness Daina replied with a nod.

That was close call.’ Walter exhaled in relief, now he knows why the other knights warned him not to mess with the Marchioness.

He rode his horse and went to the courtesan’s house and went back to the Manor.

When he arrived, all the nobles were already in the hall and the courtesan walked to the Marquess and sat on his lap.

Typical harlots.’

“Marquess, when will the rebellion unfold? We cannot wait any longer!” a noble complained and the other mumbled in agreement.

“We must take our time, gentlemen. In order to kill a tiger, we need to be a sly fox and distract it before we bite it in the back.” The Marquess said while caressing the courtesan’s hair.

“But the other nobles, in favor of the Emperor, seems to be uncovering our plan! They are aware, Marquess. We need to act!”

“Let them be, in that way we can intimidate the Emperor as it is. Knowing that only a few are loyal to him, he will soon crumble.” The Marquess replied and smirked.

A messenger ran towards the Marquess with a letter. After reading the letter, the Marquess smirked.

Everything is going according to my plan.’

The fake assassination has begun. An assasin injured the Emperor. None of us was caught.