Chapter 21: "Library"

After the assassination attempt, the palace was guarded 24/7. With tight security, it is almost impossible for assassins to get inside.

"This is treason! Whoever tries to kill the Emperor should suffer!" the Crown Prince exclaimed.

"It is fine, my son. I am fine and so is everyone." The Emperor said.

Hyacinth paced back and forth. She thought how could this happen.

"It is a good thing you are safe, Your Majesty." Giannis said.

"Do not worry, Your Majesty. A powerful sorceress like my self will heal you." Beatrice bragged.

"And having knowledge with herbs, I can help you, Your Majesty. I can give you tea that can boost your health." Ayhra added.

"Such amazing candidates, I won't worry about Sébastien finding a suitable wife! HAHAHAHAHA" The Emperor heartily laughed.

While they were talking, Lavelie and the Crown Prince exchanged glances. In the corner, Hyacinth finally thought the whole reason of the assasination.

"It's a coy." Hyacinth exclaimed and all of them looked at her direction.

"What is a 'coy'?" the Empress asked.

'Right, this is the Medieval Period.' Hyacinth mentally face palmed.

"A coy simply called a fake. The assasination attempt is fake. Perhaps, this was a warning. A similar case happened in the Yaaus Kingdom, assasins targeted the King to send him a warning. After the assasination attempt, a rebellion happened." Hyacinth replied. The people in the room felt mixed emotions.

'A rebellion?' The Duke thought.

"Your idea is great, Lady Hyacinth. As expected to the Archeress of my empire. Unfortunately, it is still an assumption. Let us not make haste until the reason behind the assasination attempt is revealed." The Emperor declared and coughed some blood. The Empress hurriedly grabbed the clean towel and wiped the blood on the Emperor's mouth.

The Duke signalled the candidates to leave the couple alone and they all went out.

"I will conduct an investigation regarding the assasination attempt. Lady Hyacinth, please come with me." The Duke said and Hyacinth followed.

Beatrice and Ayhra was jealous because all the attention of the Duke goes to Hyacinth. Lavelie thought that they were cute and Giannis suddenly disappeared, unnoticed.

When they arrived at the library, Hyacinth was in awe. They were a LOT of books stocked in the shelves. The Duke saw this and thought that she was adorable.

"Close your mouth, a fly will get inside if you open it that wide."

Hyacinth hurriedly shut her mouth and looked away out of embrassment. The Duke lightly laughed, showing his pearly white teeth and eyes squinting. Hyacinth couldn't believe it, the Duke is perfectly capable of laughing!

"You should smile more often, Yreen." Hyacinth said. The Duke looked at her and scoffed. Even though they have become a little close, she still wants to stop this candidacy.

"Really? I do not really have a reason to smile. Do you want to be the one who can make me smile more often?" The Duke gazed at her lovingly. He took a step forward and Hyacinth took a step back.

'Oh no, deja vu!' Hyacinth thought and mentally face palmed when her back meets the wall. She silently squeaked and closed her eyes tightly.

"What has been running in your mind, Lady Hyacinth?" The Duke said while waving the book on Hyacinth's face. She looked above and saw a space on the bookshelves, the Duke only grabbed for the book needed for the investigation.

"N-nothing a-at a-ALL!!" Hyacinth said and hurriedly went to the table, blushing so hard.

They both sat down and did their thing. While Hyacinth was looking for clues, the Duke was always catching a glimpse of Hyacinth. Her serious face made the Duke's heart beat so fast. For him, she looked absolutely gorgeous. He suddenly gazed at Hyacinth's rosy plump lips and immediately looked away.

"Can you get the Luiopo's Strategies on aisle 6, Lady Hyacinth?" the Duke said while reading a book. Hyacinth nodded and went to aisle 6 right away.

She thoroughly searched the shelves and saw that the book was out of her reach. She desperately tip toed but it was no use. Suddenly, a large figure hovered on her and a hand stretched forward to get the book. She looked behind and saw the Duke! They made eye contact and the Duke's hand caressed Hyacinth's cheek.

"Your lips are tempting me, Lady Hyacinth? What should we do?" the Duke said while bringing his face closer to Hyacinth.