~{ Second Life }~

A man stood alone and confused in an empty, pitch black room that also seemed to have light at the same time. He looked around for something, anything to tell him that he wasn't really alone, but found nothing. Feeling a little dejected he tried to calm down and remember.

"Ok. . . I was. . . umm. . ." He started but couldn't continue, but he kept trying to remember. And so time went on, he didn't know how much, but his mind kept going back and forth between trying to remember, entertaining himself, and silence. But pretty soon something came up, and like most people with a string, he pulled. It started with a name, Koda, then it moved on through life, playing, school, friends, family, jobs, then finally the end. He was ganged up on for the paper in his wallet, though he did manage to get a few good hits in, but in the end it wasn't enough.

"I hope my family is still ok." Was all he had to say about the ordeal, and right as he said that a being of soft light came into existence right in front of him.

"How interesting. Usually people are more self centered, but your more worried about the family you've made." The beings voice echoed through the room even though it was light and soft. But Koda couldn't bring himself to say anything.

"Don't worry about answering me right now, but seeing as you now remember everything, that means there's an opening." It continued on as Koda finally got his brain working again.

"Opening? Opening for what?" Was question that up first.

"Why an opening for a new life to begin. Your second life." It's explanation sent Koda realing.

"Why?" Was all he managed to get out.

"Because I feel that a soul like your's deserves one. Now let's begin." It explained leaving no room for argument, and handed Koda a singular die.

"Now I've set everything up based on your previous life's interests. You're going into the world of DC's Young Justice, and based on what side that die lands on, that's the element your going to be able to bend. Then you'll be able to choose and make your body for the world." The being explained rapidly and motioned for Koda to roll the die. Koda, still processing everything, gently rolled the die, and both watched as it rolled and bounced. When it stopped both saw a blue circle with waves depicted on the inside.

"Water. What a good element. Now with enough practice you have the ability to use any subsection from water bending: blood, plants, mud, sweat, and spirit. Now make your appearance." The being continued to explain rapidly, and pulled up a screen in front of Koda. He was still trying to process everything as he looked through his options. Koda took a couple minutes to narrow down his options, but settled on choosing Tonraq, one of his favorite characters from that universe.

"Good choice, now I'll awaken your soul when your body has reached a certain point, but know that the memories you regain might not be the best, as that is the unfortunate deal made between myself and the ones that watch over the other universes." The being explained as Koda's mind managed to catch up, and he began to prepare himself for what might come. The being waited patiently, and when Koda was ready he nodded at the being, signaling the beginning of his new life.

"Very well, good luck, and have a great life." That was the last thing he heard before everything went blank.

-[Middle of Nowhere, Atlantic Ocean]-

"Aquaman to Watch Tower." A broad, blonde haired man in an orange and green armor called into his comm, as he held onto a young man with long, black hair, dressed in thick blue clothes with white fur lining the inside. 

"This is Watch Tower, what's the situation." A gruff, monotone voice came through the other end of the comm.

"I'm going to need a lift, I found a boy in the middle of the Atlantic. He's unconscious at the moment, and I'm not sure of his condition other than that." Aquaman explained as he continued to keep the boy's head above the water.

"Sending Wonder Woman with the Javelin." The voice spoke before the comm cut out.

"Well, you'll be getting help soon." Aquaman paused before looking down and making the comment to the boy. And a few moments later a jet flew over head before turning back getting close to the two. A hatch like door opened and a beautiful woman in armor looked out helping both of the men inside. Once the two were settled it took off back into the sky.

-[Water tribe, South Pole]-

In middle of the afternoon two boys, six and eight, were running around the village to join a larger group of children around the same age. They all ran and played together, but something happened. While running under and over pass ice cicales came loss from the ceiling and fell towards the younger.

"Unalaq!" The older ran back for his little brother, he grabbed him trying to shield him from the ice, as his arm swung up and over the two brothers. But nothing happened, there was no pain, there was no sound of ice shattering, there was nothing. The two lifted their heads and saw a wall of ice that wasn't there before.

"Tonraq." The younger, Unalaq, spoke up with worry.

"I know, Unalaq, I know." The older, Tonraq, spoke with the same worry, as he hugged his brother closer.

~•°•~

The two brothers, now twelve and ten, walked through the village making their way back home. The two dreaded going back home, ever since the discovery of Tonraq's bending their father had become cruel with his training. Always putting him in danger for the sake of training, that's why when the brothers found out that Unalaq also had the ability, they tried to hide it. But it was all in vain.

Tonraq had taken to training his brother in a much kinder way than their father, but he got suspicious one day and followed the two. When he saw the two use their bending he was furious, and so blinded by his anger he attacked his sons. But Tonraq stood between the two and told Unalaq to run, and he did what his older brother told him.

Due to having more experience in fighting their father won, and proceeded to beat Tonraq until he couldn't resist anymore. When he was finished he tied Tonraq arms behind his back so he couldn't bend. When he finished he grabbed his son by the back of his hair and proceeded to walk him through the tundra to find his brother.

Their father was able to track Unalaq for a good distance, but he lost him in one of the ice caverns. He knew Unalaq was close by, so he looked around for more of his tracks and threw Tonraq to the ground, so he could pick him up when he found something, but he soon grew impatient and found a thin spot in the ice instead. He used his spear that was on his back the brake through to the water underneath.

"Unalaq!" He called out as he walked towards Tonraq.

"Unalaq, you wouldn't want anything to happen to your brother, right?" He called again as he picked Tonraq up by the back of his jacket and dragged him towards the hole in the ice.

"Unalaq, you better come out right now! Or your brother drowns under the ice!" He called again as threw a weakly struggling Tonraq into the water, but continued to hold the back of his jacket.

"Unalaq, I'm going to count to three! If you don't come out, your brother won't come back up!" He called out pushing Tonraq's head under the water.

"One!" He pulled Tonraq back up letting him get a small breath, but pushed him back under waiting a little longer.

"Two!" Pulled Tonraq back up long enough for him to splutter and cough before pushing him under again.

"Three!" He pulled Tonraq up, who was coughing violently, and he was about to push Tonraq back under for the last time.

"Wait!" Unalaq came running around the corner stopping a few feet in front of their father.

"Now get over here before your brother goes back under." He threatened as Unalaq took hesitant steps over. When he got there, their father grabbed Unalaq by the arm and pulled Tonraq out of the water. Their father then proceeded to pull and walk, a shivering, wet Tonraq, and a scarred, crying Unalaq back home.